CAN'T SNAP OUT OF IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANGEL14760, Jul 15, 2003.

1. ANGEL14760

ANGEL14760 New Member

HI...THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE. I'VE BEEN TREATED FOR DEPRESSION FOR 6 YEARS. THE PAST MONTH HAS BEEN UNBEARABLE. I HAVE A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER IN THE HOSPITAL AND SHE PROBABLY WON'T MAKE IT. I'M ON MEDS AND I'M IN THERAPY BUT NOTHING IS HELPING RIGHT NOW. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TEMPORARY OR IF THIS IS IT..I JUST NEEDED TO TALK. IF ANYONE EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING,,PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ANGEL14760@AOL.COM..THANKS
    ANGEL
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry that things have been so rough for you.

I wonder whether you meant to post this on the FMS/CFIDS board. We are often mistaken for the depression board. In any case, our members here are very caring and kind. I will send up a little prayer for you.

We do advise our members not to post their e-mail addresses for security reasons, but you are welcome to post on whichever forum is a good fit for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Kim

Kim New Member

Yes, I've been through what you're going through. I had to get ECT (shock therapy) to get me out of it the first time. It worked! Sometimes it takes a while and different combinations of meds along with therapy. Let your doctor know how you feel.

kim
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I have no answers...I'm sorry to say.

I am having difficulty "snapping out of it" in my own situation right now.

I hate to hear of people suffering, so I hope you find a way to cope soon.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

jen F.
  5. 9974

9974 New Member

Hi Angel

Sorry that you feel bad. But you have to pick up and keep on keepin on. Remember what GOD tells us.
    FOR AS A MAN THINKS IN HIS HEART SO IS HE....

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie M.
  6. jolly

jolly New Member

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time. And, also your loved one in the hospital - can't remember if it's a relative, but this must be really tough. The only thing I can think of in these situations is to find a quiet spot (maybe the hospital hallway - used it many times) and take deep breaths. It's amazing how all your muscles will relax if you can do this for one single minute. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Just try when you're really losing it to concentrate on deep breaths. Somehow or another, it helps. Jo Ellen