Can't switch it off. Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orionshines94, Aug 28, 2003.

1. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

I toss and turn for hours wanting to go to sleep. It seems my mind cant rest. I start thinking of things that happened years ago,events of the day,concers about tomorrow.ALL AT ONCE! I do this for hours. By the time i do fall off to sleep I only have about 4 hrs. until I get up. I'm very tired and in a bad mood. I am not taking any meds. at this time. My Dr. moved to anonther state a year ago. I have Fibro. and many problems that go with it. Does any one elce have this problem?.... Sheila, Tpoeka, Ks.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many get relief from Xanax, an anti-anxiety med. I take Klonopin, an anti-seizure med, and many get relief from Neurontin, another anti-seizure med in a different family of drugs.

If you go to the library and do a search on Klonopin, you can read Dr. Cheney's article which does an excellent job of explaining how the constant slight state of seizure in our brains keeps us from sleeping, causes anxiety and sensory overload, and causes muscle spasms and tinnitus.

Love, Mikie
  3. Danett

Danett New Member

Dr. Letourneau is my doctor. You could try him.

He rx's me Ambien for my sleep problems and it helps.
  4. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I have/had racing brian very bad! when I can not shut up my mind I say in my mind over and over "bingbong"
    It is the dumbest thing and I am almost shy to share but it works. My mind would go over events, songs whatever just crazy stuff. I started taking elavil 20mg and say bigbong. Sleep in 30min or less. hope you find relief. at least bingbong will not cost you anything!
    Judy
  5. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

I tried counting sheep 1 to 100. They all jumped over the fence, except the last one. It turned black and stopped. Refused to move! Thanks for the advice. You made me laugh!! SHEILA Topeka, Ks.
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

until I started taking Effexor XR. The Effexor helps with OCD which is what I think I must have had/have?? I would toss and turn all night and my mind wouldn't stop, it was torture to even try and go to sleep. I know it doesn't help everyone, but that is what has worked for me.

Dara
  7. carole128

carole128 New Member

I used to be tossing and turning all night, my brain would be working the night shift thinking up great speeches, or replaying all my life stories. I now take a 50mg Doxepine every night and put on a CD. However sometimes even that doesn't work. When I am asleep I have such vivid dreams that I get confused with was it real or did I dream it. I find that sleeping in a single bed is helpful it helps remove the worry of disturbing my husband. It's fun doing a bit of bed swopping!
    Oh another tip! Listen to English cricket commentary on the radio it's better then a sleeping pill!
    Carole