Can't take this pain any more-update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by epicurean, Jul 21, 2003.

1. epicurean

epicurean New Member

in my coccyx/sacrum.Could not even sit or stand yesterday.Am going tomorrow for steroid injection ,have tried everything else-this is a last resort.Has it helped anyone else??
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2003]
  2. epicurean

epicurean New Member

thankfully my Fibro has not been giving me much trouble as of late-this is from coccydynia syndrom.
    You are very nice to respond-hope you are feeling better soon
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep you in my prayers hoping that this last resort gives you relief from your pain.

Love, Mikie
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Thank-you.And I appreciate your job well done for this board!!
  5. Carmellaf

Carmellaf New Member

Hope you get some relief with the shot.
    I too don't have too many bouts with extreme pain (the ones I do have are enough) it is the exhaustion and the over all aching that gets me.
  6. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I have the same pain. I got down on the floor to play a game the other night and could hardly get up! Tremendous pain in that area. I too am scheduled for an ESI - as a last resort. Not to thrilled about a needle in my back, but the Pain Management physician said it would really help, so good luck to both of us!!
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just answered a post from Suekoo---please check it out. I had these last summer, not in my lower back, but in my cervical vertebrae, & they WERE helpful. I ended up having two---please read my answer to Suekoo's post & good luck tomorrow! I'm praying they help you, everyone's different with these things, but I'm still doing well a year later...

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be-actually was nothing to it.Was very sore last night,but Ice helped a lot.Today I can notice some improvement already-Dr. said it would be up to three days before It would take effect.
    I am very optomistic!!Good luck Suekoo-I to had my pain managment Dr. do mine-piece of cake!!!Lets just hope it lasts.
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I hope the relief lasts for you! Mine has been over a year now & I still feel pretty good. Sounds you had less soreness afterward than me---I felt very sore for 2-3 days, not at the sight of the injection (neck for me) but my whole upper back. But it was worth it, because my neck pain was so much better.

Glad it was a good experience & you feel better.

Hugs,
    Pam
  10. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

hi i hope the pain was better to day and that you are feeling more comfortable as the days go by
    Big hugs from the uk
    Loopyloo xx
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2003]
  11. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Pam d,I am a little sore today in my tender points on my backside,but not too bad.Hope I do as well as you,and you continue to have good results.
    Loopyloo, Nice to hear from someone across the pond-thank-you!!