Can't talk to God? Try this.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by piratelife, Sep 24, 2008.

1. piratelife

piratelife New Member

When my body shut down in 2003 I was very angry at God. I wanted nothing to do with Him because he was letting me suffer in a way I did not understand. To make a long story short I eventually realized I needed Him in my life. It wasn't easy. The first step was to tell Him exactly how I felt and how angry I was. I knew I needed to worship Him even in times of distress and even if I really didn't want to. What I did was put on praise & worship music. I hated listening to it and would cover my head with my pillow but I didn't turn it off. After some time I could just lay on my bed and listen to it. Finally, I was able to sing along and worship God for the first time in several months.
    It is important to trust Him because we can't see the full picture and He has a plan. Worship Him and you will be able to open the doors to fight the darkness.
  2. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Thanks for posting this. It's good to know I'm not alone. I was angry with God for awhile too, due to severe depression. But I eventually came to the same realization you did. I've come to realize that God wants us to be brutally honest with you, regardless of how we feel. So often, I think us humans believe we need to censor what we say to Him. But I think that God is big enough to handle whatever questions or emotions we can may have. That has been my experience anyway.

Lms526