Cant walk anymore, bought a wheel chair (a big vent)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karinaxx, Feb 4, 2007.

1. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

Cant walk anymore, bought a wheel chair (a big vent)

Now it has come to it, I had to buy a wheel chair.

Since weeks I have more and more trouble with walking, MS like symptoms, problems with the left knee, wakness and heavy stiffness, which does not go away anymore like before.
    This morning I dislocated my left toe, bumped into the furniture . This has happened several times before and now the small tow is just dislocating very fast. If you think that’s nothing, it pains more than a broken leg !!
    So , with the left leg half paralized and the right toe dislocated ………..??!!
    I send my husband for a cheep wheel chair, just cant afford to stay in bed.
    I am planning a trip in two weeks oversees, so what to do…..
    Well , it would have maybe come that far anyway, considering that I am gradually getting worse and the muscle weakness and problems with the MS symptoms is also gradually getting worse.

It makes me sad, but as many say, maybe it will just be a period and I will get out of it again.

Just very depressed , trying to get the hang of rolling around.
    So much to do and family problems is causing me stress on top of it.

Needed to vent

karina

2. Love your name. I just posted a thread "with fibro are you active" then I saw yours. Sorry to hear you have to use a wheelchair, hopefully things will get better.
  3. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Katrina,

I am sorry to hear in your post about what happened to you.
    Especially with going oversees. I guess a good way to look at it is you can board first on the plane :)

Don't let it ruin your fun. You can still do many things, just at a much slower pace, which some of us are already accustomed to doing because of the MFS or CFS. Sorry, I don't know where you fit & I don't want to offend. That seems to be a pretty darn touchy subject around here...

I am new to the boards, so I guess I can slide when I make a faux paux. :)

Have fun & try to enjoy yourself as much as possible. Be pampered.

love your friend,
    fun :)
  4. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

for you. I have Fibro and Im progressively getting worse too. I have a cane but somedays, it just doesnt get the job done. I saw in your bio that you are in India. In my state, the stores have the chair scooter things to help in the store but most of the time they are half charged or have been abused so they dont half work.

Im haveing problems with my right side. I keep telling the drs that it seems more like ms, but they arent listening to me.

I have to walk so slowly that I notice things I never noticed before like those tiny purple star flowers that grow in the grass. I hope your trip will bring you joy and you will notice things you didnt before

Suzette
  5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

and I will pray that things will turn around for you in your condition.

I have had to do the same as you. I have also been very sad about it, too. I have been looking for the postive side things as well.

Look towards the day that if it is not another day you can spend with others. Take one thing at a time each moment.

When things get overwhelming have quiet time by yourself to do what ever.

Wishing you a safe trip,
    webby
  6. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

Karina,
    I'm sorry that you had to take this step. I pray that it is just a temporary situation... stronger days ahead!

A big hug for you.
    Tracy
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

I am so sorry to hear this!

Sometimes life just feels overwhelming, doesn't it?

I do hope that you find someone who can help figure out why you are getting weaker and stiffer. That just doesn't sound like CFS to me, though of course it could be.

In the meantime, think of the wheelchair as a temporary support that is actually helping you function.

I know how difficult it is to adjust to such a downturn in one's health and to have physical evidence (a wheelchair) to remind you of it.

I'm glad you wrote this. I think it's helpful to vent a bit now and then, especially to a group like us who are familiar with what you are enduring.

Do try to stay positive.

I know you have help at home. Would it be at all possible to have someone take you to the beach or someplace else that would cheer you up? And is there anything you're doing that can be delegated to someone else?

Oh, I wish I could do more than write this!

I'm sending you cyberhugs and postive thoughts.
  8. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

it means so much to me to be surrounded by people which do know how it feels like!

weby and tracy thanks for your hugs and prayers, they help.

suzzette, there are a few out there which have kind of SM symptoms. have you been checked for it? i had an MRI done two years ago, did not show anything and was actually on my way to see a Neurologist. i am getting gradually worse since ten years, with a turn for the worse with certain ABX treatments.(posted a thread about Adverse Drug Reactions in SM;ME;CFIDS a few weeks ago)

Fungirl, its ok, i have been diagnosed with CFIDS two years ago with a gradual onset. thanks to you too for your kind words.

Fibrobutterly, thanks to you too and i have read your post.
    i will answer you there later.you seem to be also one of the gradual onset ones. Frustrating, this getting worse, no matter what we try!!!

mezombie, thanks for your kind words and your mail.i will answer to you tomorrow;do have the time to write now.....kind of.
    beach is out, would get stucked in the sand, but my son is a real sweet heart when things get tough and i got hugs and kind words and he kind of enjoys pushing me around and is allready better in handling that wheeling thing; kids find allways something positive!!

thanks god for my help in the house and my dear EX, he is also a big help for shopping and so on.i know i am fortunate in this way, many others dont even have that.

so all in all, i am not so bad.
    when things get rough, i allways try to think about the starving and sick AIDS kids in Africa and than i stop feeling sorry for myself and feel very fortunate.

but, mezombie as you said, we all have to vent sometime.

so thanks gang for letting me vent and hugs and love to you all
    karina

9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Yes, I know it can be rough. But know that you did what you had to do, so as not to be bedbound.
  10. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

This is definitely the best place to vent, because there are so many people that understand. I think you have a very positive attitude, and I just want to tell you that.

You are exactly right, it might just be for a period of time - and I think that's the best way to approach it...just day by day. Do what you have to for the moment, and reevaluate things as time goes on.

But, it CAN be sooo frustrating, I know. I really admire your attitude, though. Take good care...Tina
  11. pasara

pasara New Member

(((Hugs Karina)))

I just wanted to say that the Lonely Planet website (www.lonelyplanet.com) has a message board called the Thorn Tree where people can ask all sorts of questions regarding travels. There are several branches of Thorn Tree, divided primarily by destination, but also there is one specifically for travellers with disabilities. I have posted on Thorn Tree many times, including on the disabilities branch, and found it really helpful.
  12. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

giving good tips and being so positive, it does make me feel better.

Elaine, what a will to overcome……!
    Tina, 6 kids with cfids?!!!!! you must be superwoman !
    Sweet, your right.
    Pasara, thanks for the tip.

Were all a strong bunch here.
    Dealing with so much loss, pain; still able to have compassion and energy to help others up, even if we are down.

THANKS

Love karina