Can't watch TV

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quilp, Oct 20, 2006.

1. quilp

quilp New Member

I have a hard time watching a film or reading for anything more than ten minutes at a time.
    I was diagnosed with M.E in 1995. I have trawled through the posts when i'm able to, but haven't come across others with such cognitive dysfunction.
    Any help gratefully received.
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

I have a very difficult time with any kind of visual stimulation. That includes watching TV, movies, and especially being on the computer.

Fifteen minutes or so of computer time sets of symptoms that feel like motion sickness. This can last for hours or days. Does this happen to you, too?

I've been thinking of posting this question myself. I have a feeling that others with this problem are protecting their health and haven't joined this board, or aren't very active.

The only thing I've found that helps (along with the obvious staying away from these triggers) is a tiny amount of Klonopin. It seems to help with sensory overload.

Sigh. I shouldn't even be writing this!

It's nice to find you!
  3. quilp

quilp New Member

Thanks for the reply mustluvdogs.Well my sleep is very good, has been for years save for the occasional weird and vivid dream. During a severe relapse I couldn't even look at the TV for more than ten seconds without those nasty CFS symptoms becoming worse, including sweats, shooting head pains, raised pulse rate and genreally feeling more yukky than usual. I used to love reading. In fact today is my birthday and i've been given several books to read, but I daren't even try and read lest I induce a relapse.
  4. quilp

quilp New Member

thanks mezombie. What I can do is read, go on the net etc, but only in very small bite sizes, say five minutes on, five minutes off ( not during bad relapes ) I think this is one of the aspects of the illness that rarely receives the recognition it should. Try expalining this aspect to the uninitiated !!