Canton, Michigan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dygunn, Nov 8, 2005.

1. dygunn

dygunn New Member

Anyone live near Canton, Michigan and have a great doctor?

~ Donna
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Is Canton near Detroit? I live in a small town near Adrian, Michigan. Adrian is about 30 minutes from the Ohio line. Anyway, I have a great FMS doctor in Ann Arbor. His name is Dr. David Vallance. I've been going to him since March of this year and he has been wonderful. It takes awhile to get in when you are a new patient, but definitely worth the wait.

If this is near you and you want more info, let me know. I'm at work right now and don't have his address or phone number with me. His office is on Plymouth Road.

Ellen
  3. dygunn

dygunn New Member

Yes, Canton is near Detroit, Yspilanti, Plymouth, Westland and not too too far from Ann Arbor, I would love it if you could share your info w/me. What does he currently have you taking if you don't mind sharing? I'm currently w/a doctor from U of M here in Canton.

Thank you for replying back to me :eek:)
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Dr. Vallance has me on 20 mg. Kadian (its morphine) twice a day (morning and night), Gabitril 4 mg. once a day for the restless legs syndrome, plus I'm on 60 mg. Cymbalta. I'm also on thyroid meds-Synthroid 88 mcg., once a day, and Cytomel - 5 mcg. twice a day.

I forgot to bring my info on Dr. Vallance's address and phone number with me. Although I am sure you can call information.

Ellen
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Donna:

After I answered your post this morning, I remembered that I had given out Dr. Vallance's info to someone else here recently. So here's the info-3055 Plymouth Road, Suite 102, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, (734) 623-0100.

I would call him ASAP as it may take awhile for you to get in. I hope you like him as well as I do. I have found that once you get in, then you don't have to wait as long for an appt.

As for the Morphine (Kadian), he has me on a low dose and said he can go higher if I feel the need. So far I'm doing okay. One side effect it has had for me is constipation, but increasing the fiber in my diet has helped that. Morphine isn't good for the achy feeling we have with FMS, but I no longer have the sharp, shooting pains I once did.

After years of searching for a good doctor, it has been such a relief to finally find someone who really spends time with you and doesn't believe in making patients suffer who are in pain. He believes that most of us are not going to become addicted to narcotics. During the visit, he writes down notes for things he wants you to do and gives you this before you leave (the office lady makes a copy for their file). He spends a lot of time with me and never acts like he is in a hurry. And he LISTENS and treats me like he and I are a team in working to improve my health.

When I first went there, he ordered blood work and tested for things that no one else would (like hormones and arthritis). Then he sent me a copy of the results, and during my next visit, he went through everything and explained what everything was. No one has ever done this for me before.

Like many here, I have been treated so badly by previous doctors. I was beginning to think I would never find someone like Dr. Vallance.

Good luck and let me know how everything goes.

Ellen
  6. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Donna- what kind of symptomology do you have?

I've been going to a Holistic MD in W Bloomfield who is very good also.

JT
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member