carbamazepine weird drug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spacey, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Spacey

Spacey Member

Does anyone takes this, I got up to 2 capsules twice a day and am just dropping it. Yuck! Dizzyness is worse and just feel like Cr==p. I would like to hear other stories about this drug, good or bad. Thanks Spacey
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2009]
  2. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

I take this at a low dose (250mg/day) to control absence seizures. Occasionally I get bad restless legs, and increase it a bit to control them. I've been on it for years, but did start feeling better quite soon after starting it. I may well have side effects from the med, but the fatigue & stress on the brain from the seizures was harder on me.

Are you taking it for pain? Does it help with the pain?
  3. Spacey

Spacey Member

I was taking it for pain, but I don't think it's working, It works for one kind of pain, like my face and head, but I'm still in a lot of other pain! Go figure, also works for restless legs, but I'm just not getting used to it. Maybe my dose is two high for me. Thanks spacey
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Interesting. I take Ultram for pain which really helps, but it does not help if I get a headache.

I also have RLS.

Have you talked to your doctor about other options or decreasing the dose? If you put it in your original post, I can't go back without losing this.

It's so strange that what helps one person does not help another.

Good luck and update us.

gap