Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Dec 2, 2002.

  1. TeaBisqit

    TeaBisqit Member

    I just got back from seeing a new blood doc. He said my test results show that I have what looks like carbon monoxide poisoning. I don't think that's what it is, I think it's CFIDS/NMH, but I felt so much better that I'm finally getting some kind of validation that something is wrong. For so many years, I'd go and get blood tests and the docs would always say I was fine and must be crazy. But it's finally starting to show in my blood that something isn't right. Validation! He was going to send me for the dual tag blood test, but I said no when I found out they inject you with dye for like four hours. I am so allergic and sensitive, I was too afraid to try it, but I'm letting him run all the other blood work he wants. Has anyone else ever been told they have carbon monoxide poisoning?

    TeaBisqit
  2. TeaBisqit

    TeaBisqit Member

    I just got back from seeing a new blood doc. He said my test results show that I have what looks like carbon monoxide poisoning. I don't think that's what it is, I think it's CFIDS/NMH, but I felt so much better that I'm finally getting some kind of validation that something is wrong. For so many years, I'd go and get blood tests and the docs would always say I was fine and must be crazy. But it's finally starting to show in my blood that something isn't right. Validation! He was going to send me for the dual tag blood test, but I said no when I found out they inject you with dye for like four hours. I am so allergic and sensitive, I was too afraid to try it, but I'm letting him run all the other blood work he wants. Has anyone else ever been told they have carbon monoxide poisoning?

    TeaBisqit
  3. ssMarilyn

    ssMarilyn New Member

    We had a new furnace put in and it wasn't installed correctly. I got sick as a dog with headache and nausea, thought I had the flu, but then noticed in a daze that the dogs and cats were puking! It was a close call!!

    Marilyn :)
  4. kadywill

    kadywill New Member

    as a child, I was made to ride in the back of a station wagon each and every day. This was in the late 1950's and early 60's and the back window rolled down. There was no air conditioner so the window had to be rolled down, as we lived in Raleigh, NC and it was hot and humid. I had horrendous headaches, nausea and lethargy and no one cared! This went on for quite a while until I was moved into another home with another family. (long story)
    Then, as an adult, I carpooled on my commute to my job an hour's drive from our home and the car wasn't in great shape. Everyday when I'd get to work, I was so very nauseated and my head would just feel like it was gonna burst. This went on for quite a while and we all got sick each time we rode to work together and we didn't even think it was due to the car. I asked the doc I worked for what he thought it was and he thought we were carsick but I didn't believe him; why would all of us be carsick all of a sudden? Then I thought back to the childhood incidents and I asked him to draw some labs, which he did, and the results showed carbon monoxide poisoning. I was hospitalized and I was given IV fluids and meds (of some kind) and respiratory therapy for two weeks. I was careful after that...I remember how the fumes smelled and tasted from the car exhaust, even now!
    Not a good memory!
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2002]
  5. pam_d

    pam_d New Member

    ...did your jerk of a landlord live in Albany, NY in the late 70's??? My landlord put a dryer in the basement of a three-story apartment house. Decided it didn't need to be vented---too much trouble. Nobody realized this until tennants started to get sick. I lived in the attic apartment; I only threw up a few times. The elderly folks on the first floor ended up in the hospital. It took the power co. shutting the gas off & refusing to turn it back on (middle of winter, naturally) to convince the landlord this actually was a problem that needed correcting....

    Anyway, good luck, TeaBisqit & hope you can get some answers that help you feel better!!

    Hugs,
    Pam
  6. woppini

    woppini New Member

    One thing that i might add, just like an old station wagon,new cars have the same problem. Anytime the back tailgate window is open, Jeep, Suburban, etc, the exhaust gets pulled back into the car because of the vacuum pocket it leaves as it motors on down the road. CO is oderless and tasteless. New cars burn so clean, you may not even smell any kind of exhaust problem, but the CO is still there. A good method is to have the exhaust inspected several times a year. Especially during the winter months, where the rust will begin its job, especially in the thin areas like the muffler. I have heard in the snowy areas, folks would start their car, and stay in it to warm themselves up. But what they didnt know, is the tailpipe was wedged into a pile of snow and the CO backed up inside the interior. I probably strayed off the subject a bit, but a few things i thought might help.