carbonated beverages??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonijo, Sep 8, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

I understand now not drinking with meals and also caffine free and sugar free but why noncarbonated drinks? How does it matter?
    Thanks
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

I understand now not drinking with meals and also caffine free and sugar free but why noncarbonated drinks? How does it matter?
    Thanks
    tonijo
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Most sodas are full of sugar or artificial sweetners, preservatives, artificial colors etc. None of which is good for anyone, especially FM/CFS suffers.

Why not drink pure juices, iced tea, lemonade etc? After most people get away from sodas they don't even like the taste anymore.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Jeweller

Jeweller New Member

The thing about carbonated drinks is they are acidic (carbonic acid) from the dissolved carbon dioxide. You'll probably find that's why they're not recommended.

Personally, I do much better on a low-acid diet (no tea, coffee, alcohol, red meat and minimal citrus) than anything else, so I do try and avoid carbonated drinks if possible. Unfortunately, the alternative is usually orange juice, which I can cope with even less well. I should also not be eating chocolate on a true low-acid diet, but a girl's got to have at least one vice!

Ros