Carbs or No Carbs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gigio, Apr 2, 2006.

1. gigio

gigio New Member

I have been off the sugar now since last Wed. I feel a little better. I have been trying to stick to the good carbs like brown rice, beans, etc. And no dairy cuz that is another crazy crave food. But I still crave the bad carbs! I think for me I have to go the whole Atkins route and give up all high carb foods (even the good ones). I ate pretty good today but still wound up snacking on some french fries cuz they were there........
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Most dieticians and doctors will tell you that is not a good idea. If you have cfs or fms you are already low energy, well your energy will drop even lower with the Atkins diet. I know people who went on it and then they started feeling weak and tired, but they did lose alot of weight.

Good Luck Pamela
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

My husband and I are both type 2 diabetic. I dont know if it has helped or hurt but its the way we have to eat now. The cravings have cut back alot in the 2 yrs but I still crave chocolate alot. THe low carb candys are what we call"poot candy" the gas is so bad.

Suzette
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

We're all different, aren't we? I'm hypoglycemic & feel better on Dr St Amand's low carb diet for fibromyalgics.
  5. suexi

suexi New Member

A couple years ago, I was doing basically the atkins; did that for 7 months: no more than 60 grams of carbs/with 120 grams protein daily. Physically I looked great. Since then I have tried adding more whole grains, veges and less protein. I don't seem to feel any different either way. Have had cfs for 4 years. This thing just seems to have a mind of it's own and runs it's cycles no matter what I eat.
    Susan