Cardio kickboxing too rough of exercise with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zer0, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Zer0

Zer0 New Member

I've been working out with a cardio kickboxing class twice a week with hour long sessions for about a month now. I know exercise is supposed to help when you have fibromyalgia, but lately I've been having it worse and am wondering if maybe cardio kickboxing is actually too rough. Other stressful things have been going on in my life at the moment though, so it's hard for me to connect what factor is making the flair ups happen more.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Since FM is such an individual thing I can't tell you if kickboxing is too rough or not. That is something you have to decide for yourself.

I would not be able to do it. I can barely go shopping, and when I get home and put everything away, I gotta go rest. Some times I just put the frozen and fridgifrated stuff away and let hubby do the rest.

In cases like this, I go by the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

You can't change some of the things going on around you, so you have to decide what you can change and what is important to you.

I hope I am making some kind of sense...I'm having a fibrofoggy day today. I did some shopping this afternoon and now I'm paying for it.

God Bless.
  3. Zer0

Zer0 New Member

Thanks for the input, that makes perfect sense. Sorry to hear that you're having a fibrofoggy day =( Hope you feel better soon.

4. Zer0

Zer0 New Member

Will do that. I've been worrying about what ramifications overdoing would have. It's hard to guage what is overdoing it in terms of isolating symptoms being caused by FM from something maybe temporaty going on, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the rec!