Cardioplus and Cataplex B from Standard Process - Anyone tried ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by deepak, Oct 13, 2013.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Hello,

Has anyone tried these supplements from Standard Process called Cardioplus and Cataplex B - they are both supposed to be good for the heart but I am wondering how good they really are vs hype.

With love,

Deepak
  2. deepak

deepak Member

Sorry I posted this twice on board and dont know how to delete post :(
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Deepak - I used both of those in the past. I don't know what kind of heart problems you (or someone else?) are dealing with. I think it all depends what the problem is.

Hawthorn is an herb which is good for the heart. l-carnitine and coq10 are very good too, as well as magnesium and sufficient potassium. Low magnesium and low potassium can lead to arrhythmia. Also, magnesium can help with symptoms of mitral valve prolapse.

SP does make very good products but I don't know if the cardioplus and cataplex are particularly beneficial for the heart.

I haven't been able to really exercise since 1999 due to cfs - crashing after exertion. I had a full heart workup last year and passed with flying colors. All I can figure is my good diet (almost no sugar, no white flour etc.) and supplements, including l-carnitine, Coq10, magnesium and potassium, have all helped my heart stay healthy despite being so d**m sedentary.

You might look up Dr. Sinatra and heart health - he has a list of supplements he recommends for heart health, including some of those above -

Mary
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks Jam and Mary :)

Yes, homocysteine can be a problem, esp for us vegetarians but I make sure to have b12 supplements for that.

Mary, I have Dr Sinatra's book - He recommends Ribose, Carnitine, Coq10, Arginine and Magnesium. Never tried hawthorne though.

I had subscribed to this one newsletter called Health Alert by one Dr Bruce West who highly recommends those Std process supplements so was curious.

Glad to know you are doing good.

Deepak