Care to pick the winner of the Indy 500 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, May 26, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm not much of a racing fan, but I like to watch the Indy 500 every year. When I was a kid, we got to see a car practicing on the track. Pretty amazing sight, really.

I'm pulling for Danika.

For the first time, three women are driving in the race. But I had no idea who the other drivers were, but found them on this site (Are Canadians into the Indy 500 too, Rafiki?)

[This Message was Edited on 05/27/2007]
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

We have some kind of Indy here in Toronto.

I used to live very near the location and all my neighbours would move out for the duration because it sounded like they were driving right through our units.

So, from my experience, we flee.

However, if we keep doing it, people must show up to watch it.

Personally, I'm more partial to sports where death is highly unlikely and no ozone is depleted. A fave is extreme frisbee. Really it is. Is my inner hippie showing?

Peace out, my friend,

PS Just checked, it's the Molson (Beer co.) Indy. Hmmm, doesn't "Indy" stand for Indianapolos? Shouldn't it be the Molson 500?

[This Message was Edited on 05/26/2007]
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Is extreme frisbee the Canadian version of ultimate frisbee?

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

It's Ultimate Frisbee up here, too. Just having a "Duh!" moment. Been having a lot of them lately.

Zooooom to all of you Indyites,
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Having a lot of those moments myself lately.

Do they have disc golf up in Toronto? They have actual courses, with tees, holes, and metal baskets with chains that you try to throw your frisbee into. Very low risk of death or ozone depletion.

Great point about the ozone, by the way. Maybe they'll have a Hybrid Indy 500 one day soon.
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Is that town Beloit, by any chance? I have a friend who went to college there, and I once rode a bicycle through there, on the way from St. Paul to Chicago.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2007]