Carla Bee Sting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibromickster, Jun 26, 2008.

1. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Carla, to stop the itching from a bee sting, I would mix baking soda/powder with a little water and put that on the bee sting.

That was my Grandma's ole recipe for itching.

I hope it helps. I did post this on the porch, but thought maybe you would get this faster.

If anyone else has any ideas for itching from a bee sting, please let Cara know in case my idea doesn't work for her.

2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've also learned an extra trix, smashing up some plain asprin and mixing it in with the baking soda.

Then you have to sit still until it all drys up and starts to crumble off your bee sting.

Plus take some extra Vit. C 1000

That's my remedy, sorry about the sting! Ouch!
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

but I don't have any of those things in my house, I know can your beleive that.

I am not allergic to poison ivy so no calamin, don't bake so no baking soda.

There is a very hard knot about the size of quarter, I do have to go out later and will check drug store. I do have epsom salt and perioxcide tho. Thanks-Carla

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Put that on it works well for me. Annie
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

posted this on the porch too. I read if you tape a penny over the sting it will help.

Aside: if you mix vinegar and baking soda you will get carbon dioxide. Very useful for putting out fires (well, small fires).

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Shame on you, you don't have baking powder. Don;t you know you are supposed to keep a box (50 cents at wally world) of baking powder in your refrigerator to keep it smelling fresh. LOL

Then after a few months you dump it in your garbabe disposal to keep that smelling fresh.

Maybe it is an ole wisetale. My grandma always told me to do this.

Just had to give my Carla trouble.

Love ya, Mickey
  7. morningsonshine

No baking soda!!! It has so many useful uses. I use it to scrub my glass stove top.

I put it in the wash machine for tough loads, or loads that i want extra fresh, like bath towels, and dish towels, and grungy dirty socks.

I buy it in great big huge boxes that are really cheap. Way cheaper than other laundry products.

And it works excellantly on any kind of bug bite.

Go get some girl!!!
  8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

We should make a post for Carla:

"Reasons why you should have Baking Powder on hand"

heheheheheehe, just teasing Carla, you know I love ya. I am feeling onry right now.
  9. morningsonshine

This could be fun, we might come up with some brand new uses for it!!

Carla needs a box for her golf cart!!! If she get stuck she can use it for traction!!
  10. greygodess

greygodess New Member

is supposed to be good for stings. Godbless
  11. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

put a drop of bleach on a cotton ball, and put it on the area that was stung. Keep it there just a minute.

This works on bee stings, scorpion stings, and just about any other sting you can think of.

It works best when applied as soon as the sting occurs.

My daughter was stung by a scorpion a couple of years ago, and she immediately began to swell, we did the bleach trick and swelling went down almost as quickly as it came.

Good luck,
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

and can't get up,lol You guys are so funny. I just threw away my old box of baking soda I keep in the kitty closet and just keep forgeting to buy it when I am at the store

When you live alone it takes longer to use a whole box or it goes bad. When I was married I had all the baking things as I liked to bake.

But now things are simpler and I use less of these items. I did put perioxide on at the time of sting and it helped, it also stung me threw my t-shirt so I think that helped as the stinger didn't seem to in my back.

Just took a cold wash and wiped it then a q-tip with peroxide and cold cloth again.

I was running late to my picnic so didn't stop anywhere, it was ok for a while, now it is itching so I am going to get tape and penny as I DO have that,lol

Thanks the laughs, if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others :) Carla