Carla

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Thank you for responding to my post re: tolerance. My question...If I take 5 mgs at noon I am so freaking tired...they used to pep me up...not now. How do you function? Just get used to it? Yesterday I took 4 and felt weak and nauseated for the first time. I try not to take it...but the pain. Thinking of going back on elavil...I just lost 15 lbs,been off 12 days...eating the same. Do you think the extra pain will stop once my body gets used to(if it does)The withdrawal of serotonon in my system?Do you go down on your dose some days to make it more effective? I am at my wits end here...thank you so much for any help. Love, Flaxen
  2. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Bump for Carla
  3. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Bump for Carla
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

to them now. I also was diagnosed with ADD a year ago and now take Adderal. That helped my fatigue. I still have about 2-3 days a week where I don't function well.

Then there are other days where I can't be stopped for hours, then I pay later.

Have you been tested for arthiritis
    or other imflammatory dds? I have RA, Osteo, hemmochromtisis ( it is a blood disease where your body stores iron then poisions you) only treatment is phelbotomies. Now they think I have Lyme, waiting for this test to come back.

Try taking the meds for a couple days on a regular basis. I have found if I make myself get up an move I feel better. I will take a short walk with my dogs. If I waited for all pain to stop before I did something, I would never do anything.

I will hurt during walking but after resting for a short time after the walk I feel better. It is easy to get into the rut of not moving because everything hurts. We must move whether it feels good or not.

I am lucky enough to have a whirlpool and it does help. Try taking a long warm bath. I am sorry you are in so much pain. Don't give up- Carla
  5. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Do you take oxycodone 5 mg? Up to 6 a day. I agree that we must move around....caffeine is my friend.I agree that missing a dose is bad...I got used to them before..will again. A dr. asked me why I neede to feel "euphoric" all day just to relieve pain. Puh---leeze!!!!!!!!!!! Euphoria stopped after the first 3 pills...I am moody if anything. People w/o pain have no clue. Thanks again.I don't feel so alone now. This disease can be so isolating.Oh yeah...tested for Lyme, MS, RA, Lupus, Polymyalgia, etc. The Rheumy said Fibro/Cfs...sometimes I don't believe them...he said there is no inflammation in fibro...well my hands get hot and red ok? What do you call that...Maybe I should get a second opinion. Can't afford $300. a visit...will check out the hospital clinic. I have neuropathy in my feet (bad) Do you think I should see a neuro instead. A Dx would be nice. I would really like to know why my life has come to a halt. Love, Flaxen
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I have to do yard work, I can take u to six. I live alone with no help, I do not have to take care of anyone but me. I like living alone, most of the time. However, when I am really sick like I have been for the last month or two, it is hard to just take care of me and my dogs.

I hoe you find some good health- Carla
  7. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I love the pain-killing properties but hate the depression. Are you on 5 mgs? Sorry to ask so many questions and be a pain in the butt....I feel so alone in all this. I love dogs...what kind are yours? Flaxen
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

My dogs are a 2 year old Austrialian Sherherd, her name is Twila and has beautiful blue eyes. Then there is Missy who justed turn one, she is the solid white lab mix. I got both of them from litters my neighbors dog had.

They are so cute together,they really so entertain each other and every now and then they let me play too,lol

As I said I have been very sick the last month and everything is so exhausting. I haven't even been able to keep up with the board today. Been on the couch all day- I hope you feel better soon. Carla