"Caroleye"....more info. about neurofeedback

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intensemom, Apr 21, 2006.

1. intensemom

intensemom New Member

HI Carole!

You posted to me a month ago about using neurofeedback for alpha intrusion. I just wanted a little more info. about that and if it's working for you?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

((HUGS)),

Tracy (intensemom)
  2. intensemom

intensemom New Member

HOw often did you go to neurofeedback? How soon before you saw results? Neurofeedback sounds more attractive to me then taking a lot of drugs....I already am!!

Tracy
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Hi Tracy...........well, because I was too sensitive to use the regular biofeedback equipment, had to switch to another provider who has the LENS machine that is much milder.

However, because it's so new, my provider did not know how to connect symptoms & the sites, so I ended up getting educated with the book "The Edge Effect" by Dr. Braverman.

First, she was giving me up to 36 seconds, and it way over stimulated me. So it took about 10 sessions til we realized I was a "one" second person.

We also found the sites & side of my head that worked. Finally I got some good results with my energy & mood. But that led to severe insomnia, so we started on another site, but didn't get good results before she left on a month vacation!! So now I'm dealing with a worse symptom.

It'll be about 20 sessions before we know what sites work for my symptoms. Not unusual for complex cases I hear. It's been very frustrating, and kinda scary as I'm such an overreactor with my Lupus condition.

But at least I'm not suicidal anymore; just taking more sleep meds til she gets back.

There's sooooooo much great information on the webs these days that anyone can get majorily educated. Something I wasn't when I started.

Good luck!...............carole
  4. intensemom

intensemom New Member

for sharing all of your info. I wish you luck and GREAT health!

Gentle ((Hugs)),

Tracy