Caroline Myss Lectures...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lightspirit, Aug 20, 2002.

1. lightspirit

lightspirit New Member

Hello Dear Friends,
    Just popped in to say a big 'Hi' to everyone.
    On Sunday I attented a Seminar with Caroline Myss, who is a medical intuitive as well as a teacher of wisdom.
    I know on this board, we have many belief systems and I have no desire to step on anyones toes - however, such revelations have come to me recently that I feel it is my duty to pass on my thoughts to anyone that may benefit.

You may have seen Caroline Myss on Oprah? She has a lot to teach us all; especially about why we get ill and what we can do about it and has written some wonderful books..she says that 'our biography becomes our biology'. She is saying that we have 'cellular memory' that our body stores within it's cells, all our experiences. That these experiences, directly contribute to our health or lack of health and that we can chose whether to continue to be ill or to be well by addressing any issues that 'suck our energy'.

This makes sense to me. I can see that my pain, which is chonic and demanding of me daily - is an accumulation of a life of 'pain' on the emotional and mental levels. That I 'reliquish' my energy daily, on issues that are no longer 'in the present moment'. If I have 100% of energy in my physical body, but I give up a percentage of it to past events for example:- a failed relationship, grief over the changes in my appearance, childhood issues etc..and these take 60% of my energy - then I am running on 40% every day. Can you see how this works?

I feel as if I can take charge of my life now. That I choose 'not to give my power away' anymore to anyone, regardless of the consequences. Now I can begin to heal what is wounded within me. I believe we get sick on spirtual, mental, and emotional levels before we finally manifest this in our physical body - and we also heal in the same order. So, it is no use me trying to heal the physical first.

All the pain in my life must be addressed, if I am ever going to be 'pain free'. I am ready now to do this!
    Tomorrow I will cut off my long blonde hair that is a symbol of wanting to appear younger than I am, and I will begin the journey of becoming my true self - who is truly beautiful.

Love, real love..to all of you my sisters and brothers who share this planet. We do not heal as quickly 'alone'. The more of us that heal 'collectively' the quicker we will become well. This is my gift to you all.

Judith (Lightspirit) If you wish to write me privately, my email is on my website which is on my profile page.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2002]
  2. lightspirit

lightspirit New Member

Hello Dear Friends,
    Just popped in to say a big 'Hi' to everyone.
    On Sunday I attented a Seminar with Caroline Myss, who is a medical intuitive as well as a teacher of wisdom.
    I know on this board, we have many belief systems and I have no desire to step on anyones toes - however, such revelations have come to me recently that I feel it is my duty to pass on my thoughts to anyone that may benefit.

You may have seen Caroline Myss on Oprah? She has a lot to teach us all; especially about why we get ill and what we can do about it and has written some wonderful books..she says that 'our biography becomes our biology'. She is saying that we have 'cellular memory' that our body stores within it's cells, all our experiences. That these experiences, directly contribute to our health or lack of health and that we can chose whether to continue to be ill or to be well by addressing any issues that 'suck our energy'.

This makes sense to me. I can see that my pain, which is chonic and demanding of me daily - is an accumulation of a life of 'pain' on the emotional and mental levels. That I 'reliquish' my energy daily, on issues that are no longer 'in the present moment'. If I have 100% of energy in my physical body, but I give up a percentage of it to past events for example:- a failed relationship, grief over the changes in my appearance, childhood issues etc..and these take 60% of my energy - then I am running on 40% every day. Can you see how this works?

I feel as if I can take charge of my life now. That I choose 'not to give my power away' anymore to anyone, regardless of the consequences. Now I can begin to heal what is wounded within me. I believe we get sick on spirtual, mental, and emotional levels before we finally manifest this in our physical body - and we also heal in the same order. So, it is no use me trying to heal the physical first.

All the pain in my life must be addressed, if I am ever going to be 'pain free'. I am ready now to do this!
    Tomorrow I will cut off my long blonde hair that is a symbol of wanting to appear younger than I am, and I will begin the journey of becoming my true self - who is truly beautiful.

Love, real love..to all of you my sisters and brothers who share this planet. We do not heal as quickly 'alone'. The more of us that heal 'collectively' the quicker we will become well. This is my gift to you all.

Judith (Lightspirit) If you wish to write me privately, my email is on my website which is on my profile page.
  3. selma

selma New Member

Caroline Myss is not a DR. or have any med degree. this site may be deleted. BUT, Come back.
    I have her tapes. She says that except for the loss of a child you can heal yourself. And get on with it.
    Very Happy it helped you. Maybe others will be helped Who knows?
    Love, Selma
  4. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

light : i have her tapes and they sound good but i think she oversimplies chronic illness and has obviouslyk never had cfs or fms o rms etc.

she has good points, but many of us need or would like relief from pain chronic ill. now catch 22's i can listen to her tapes right now again and won't take away my abdominal cramping and bathroom trots from the mestinon drug i take for m. weakness and situlate g. hormone and m. burning, trade off

i dont' mean to be - just she doesn't have all the answers, l thing though that really turned me off on her tapes was she kept saying jes. was a teacher and said whats wrong with this picture, ??? he was born of a virgin and she was impregnated by GOD she was raised by nuns and says something like this ???? i would never say that

PM in KY
  5. Suze

Suze New Member

Judith, I've heard about Myss from many sources, but haven't read any of her books. I can see I'll have to. What you outline fits perfectly with my experience. I was sick for eight years. Got well by making some major changes, perhaps the biggest of which was to face some things I'd been in denial about that were sapping my energy big time. Stayed in remission for several years, but after a tragedy and some ongoing hard situations, my symptoms are back in full force.

BTW, please don't cut your hair! I've always regarded my blonde hair as my best feature--sometimes my <u>only</u> good feature!--and wear it long at my advanced age of 59. In fact, it's longer today than it was in the picture on my profile, taken last year. I think it looks rather dark in that picture, but it's naturally blonde. I've been lucky with it, and I think we should make the most of our gifts. Of course, there are gifts other than hair, I agree....so I guess we should let you cut...if you must...:)

Suze
  6. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

the one about why some people can't heal. The 4 myths are true and I have been working on breaking them. I have posted them here previously.
    I am now reading the chapters about chakra and the astrological ages. I have to admit, a lot of this is going over my head, but I am still reading, trying to understand.
    Off subject, I saw this movie today that made me think. It was called "The Sunchaser" (i think) with Woody Harrelson and Ann Bancroft. And I wouldn't have understood it as much if I hadn't read Caroline's book. Especially the part where Ann Bancroft comes in driving that old VW camper. She is very spiritual and is arguing with the doctor. Eastern vs. Western medicine.
    Anyway, good reading if you have an open mind about healing.