Carpal/Cubital Tunnel Nerve Test Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggie_d, May 16, 2006.

1. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Hi everyone,

Need to vent as I had a Nerve test a couple of weeks ago and I think I had my hopes set too high. I was positive I had cubital tunnel in my elbows and was looking forward to surgery and at least ridding myself of that pain.

Well, went to my Dr's for results yesterday and they are NORMAL - I was so upset. Not that I was looking forward to the possibility of surgery - was looking for a cure. The pain in my elbows is so bad at times I have a hard time washing my hair.

Dr prescribed meloxicam, haven't filled the RX yet. Does anyone else take this or what do you do for delibitating arm/elbow pain. I cannot hold the leash when walking my dog anymore, have to have someone come with me. At least I get one on one time with hubby during our walks, I use to take them alone. Gotta keep positive eh??

Thanks for listening,

Maggie

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What about the median nerve? That runs through the elbow too.

Just a thought. My PT thinks I have this rather than carpal tunnel, as I get pain from side of head, into neck and down the arm, rib and into the leg, which is median nerve he says.

Just a htought.

Love Anne C
  3. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Did they check your ulnar nerve (the funny bone nerve)? If you tap the space where the funny bone is and it sends pain and tingling down your arm, that may be what it is. I started having problems with my elbows, arms and hands hurting and my PCP thought it might be ulnar neuropathy. My neurologist saw me and sent me for the testing and I have it in both arms.

I had surgery on my left elbow almost three years ago. By the time I had surgery, my arm was practically useless and I was in horrible pain. The doctor says that my right arm actually tested worse than my left so we're in "wait and see mode" right now.

Just thought I'd add my two cents. Hope you get relief soon.

Pam
  4. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

They tested both arms from shoulder to fingers so I am pretty sure both the ulnar and median would be covered. My Dr is so vague, he actually passed me the results to look at myself because I questioned. I am shopping for a new Dr. with more compassion and understanding.

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I think this warrants a visit to my rhemy, he says my Primary Care Dr. can treat my fibro, I don't think so.

Maggie
  5. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member