~~Carpal Tunnel Questions~~ I need surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasmaia, Sep 1, 2005.

1. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I have reached the point that surgery on my Carpal Tunnel is the option to stop the pain.

Not sure when I will go through with this.

Wondering how long the recovery was? My work is accounting and am on the computer and desk all day. How long will I be gone?

It is naturally my right hand. Left is a close following. I can't afford to be off of work for long as I have little vacation or PTO days.

Was it worth it? I have heard it will get rid of the pain. Is that right??

Thanks for any input!
    Blessings,
    Maia
  2. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

hello there !!MAIA,,, i had carpal tunnel surgery in 05-03 my fingers were totally gone no feeling at all i had 2 surgerys in one day in the same hand in the palm and my wrist i`m glad i did it i wore a cast for 3wks and then i had 9wka of hand therpy almost 4 mo.before i could go back to work that was on my rt hand now i`ve been having problems with my lft hand ,now but i don`t have funds to go a see the dr.i`m not working no more because of been sick and have so much pain on my legs and back and i have also fibromyglia ,the only thing is that i`m glad i had the surgery for my hand only when the weather changes i feel it like it gets stiff but then it goes away after awhile,but i would advise you should go ahead and do the surgery because i was like you i went to long and thats why it took to long to heal.i worked in a hosp caft.it was a heavy job for 22 yrs. good luck MAIA,, gmom
  3. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I am not afraid of the surgery just of the time out. Didn't know what to expect. Have not gone to the hand doc yet, just my family doc.

I work in a grain company and we are about to begin the fall harvest so I will have to wait until that is over with. I am anxious to get it done though, sure has gotten painful.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Maia
  4. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

not at the same time tho! really easy surgery for me. i had it on a thurs and back to work mon with just a bandaide. i don't think i took any pain medication and had both done with local anesthesia (i really hate general)i also had immediate relief.

i have never regretted having them done, and have never felt any pain/numbness since.

hope this helps,

maggie