Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Has anyone Heard of getting a prednisone shot to Help with CTS? Just wondering,,,
    Had my right hand done with surgery about 2 years ago and now i have to do the left,,,,,, But this was suggested,,,,,,Thanks for the info!,,,,,Sisland
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I had a shot for tendinitis in my left hand .They wanted to see if it would help before going the surgery rout.Did not had surgery.

I have Carpal Tunnel in my right hand and my doctor is going to try the shot first next week.If the prednisone does not work than I go for surgery.

My husband has a bad foot.I forget what you call it.Well if the shot did not take care of it plus this medication he's on he would have had surgery that would of laid him up for a month or so.

The prednisone really helped so now he's on a medication for it.No surgery for him and boy was he happy.

Hope I was some help.
    Sue
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Thanks for the info! I'm going to go ahaead and give it a try! can't hurt right! if it Helped your Husband then that's good news!

I had to have a shot of that stuff in my hip about a month ago for a huge trigger point that wouldn't go away! so yes it helped but,,not right away,,,,still it's better than sugery!,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2007]
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

No I haven't heard of that. I had to have both the surgeries though. They put me through all this other stuff that didn't work then just went ahead with the surgeries.
  5. 2psnapod

2psnapod New Member

I have never had the shots for carpal tunnel. I have it in both wrists. Had surgery on my right wrist and it was great for about 6 months and the carpal tunnel returned so I have never had the surgery on my left wrist since it probably would do the same thing. For me, going through the surgery was not worth on 6 months of pain relief even though my wrists hurt like hades at times.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou all for the replies! The surgery i had done on the right hand worked very well! Havn't had to many problems at all, Maybe strength problems at times,

but pain is gone on that hand,,,,,Left hand is flareing bad latley,,,,,,so i'm getting a brace soon to see if that will help at all!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]