Carrot Juice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LynneB101, Oct 23, 2002.

1. LynneB101

LynneB101 New Member

Someone's posting talked a lot aobut carrot juice. So much so, that I have started going travelling daily to the local health food store, as soon as I get off work. & they have a Carrot juice ready for me (16oz).Yes, I work, but I must go to bed when I get home & stay there until the next day. Now I cannot remember what the carrot juice was supposed to do, but it sure sounded impressive. Please reply & re-explain to me. After 3 days of 16 oz of pure carrot juice each day, I feel like I have had a "high Colonic (I think they are referred to that way). Is this a by product of all the carrot juice?I won'rt mind looking orange, etc. Please reply ktbarton3@aol.com
  2. LynneB101

LynneB101 New Member

Someone's posting talked a lot aobut carrot juice. So much so, that I have started going travelling daily to the local health food store, as soon as I get off work. & they have a Carrot juice ready for me (16oz).Yes, I work, but I must go to bed when I get home & stay there until the next day. Now I cannot remember what the carrot juice was supposed to do, but it sure sounded impressive. Please reply & re-explain to me. After 3 days of 16 oz of pure carrot juice each day, I feel like I have had a "high Colonic (I think they are referred to that way). Is this a by product of all the carrot juice?I won'rt mind looking orange, etc. Please reply ktbarton3@aol.com
  3. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

I too, am *high* today on my fresh carrot and cucumber juice!
    Read the posts they will give you a better idea about ph levels too.....Ellice is so smart and gifted in her research on this.
    This is her talent and calling....everyone should at least try this. It is the best info so read carefully. Also try to drink your juice right after it is squeezed. I will bump her other post "Anyone tried this combatting fatigue"

Good luck and best wishes

Lilladybug
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are a high starch veggie and by juicing, you removed the fiber which slows it down in the digestion process. This can release a lot of insulin which isn't good for us. It's basically a carb high. Now, this is preferable to eating refined carbs, but it can contribute to insulin resistance if ingested in great quantities, especially if one is ingesting a lot of other carbs too.

Love, Mikie
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

problems someone posted you should not consume a lot of carrots, sorry thats all i remember.

warm regards, fibolady