Cash for Clunkers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daylight, Aug 12, 2009.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull. But that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus, and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.

CASH FOR CLUNKERS..........I QUALIFY - How about You?
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I think my lights went out a long time ago.

My "check engine" light won't go off.

I can only drive my car for one mile until it overheats, then I can't drive it for three days when it MIGHT have enough energy to try that next mile.

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

lol....I can relate, especially to the emissions backfire and the leaky radiator!

4. daylight

daylight New Member

If I can get some one to get me on that show Overhaulin. They could get me brand new pretty chassie . I'd even sing to them "I am Gasoline,,,,,,,," lol

BILLCAMO New Member

I checked out the "car" cash for clunkers and didn't qualify for it either :

I'm pre-1984 , get more than 22MPG on "natural gas".....downhill... , can't afford insurance , license , and monthly payments , have several spare tires and none of them hold air...(yep , it's released!!! lol) , my government doesn't REALLY care about me that much since my tax value has depreciated so drastically .....

I think I'll quit here since this is starting to depress me and the economy...:>)

Blessings ,

('Scuse me while I search for real help...;>)) [In dawn , daylight , dusk , & darkness]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2009]

BILLCAMO New Member

I've sat on a funnel with a set up to try to collect & use the gas I produce naturally..... All I've done is lose friends , get less mileage , and receive tickets for "unintentional" air pollution.......;.) :>) , LOL

At least my wallet has gotten slimmer ! ROFL

Blessings ,

7. daylight

daylight New Member

you guys are so funny!