CASPOFUNGIN for CANDIDA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

HAS ANYONE USED THE NEW DRUG CASPOFUNGIN FOR THEIR CANDIDA? AND IF SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK? I am looking for a good drug that will treat me systemically for candida and I haven't tried any of the latest drugs..If there are others that you would recommend, please let me know.. LOL, AMELIA
  2. healing

healing New Member

haven't tried it. but I do take grapefruit seed extract to treat my candida, and it works beautifully for me.
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Does that work throughout the intestinal tract and, hopefully, in the sinuses, too. I have tried caprylic acid, and wasn't sure it was systemic treatment..I may have chronic sinusitis caused by fungal problems, so looking for a full body treatment.. thanks for your help, AMELIA
  4. hookea

hookea New Member

hi there

i believe that caspofungin is at stage three of clinical trials, and is therefore not yet available. ( Don't know what stage three means). I hope that it means it will soon be available.
  5. hookea

hookea New Member

I forgot to mention that diflucan is currently used to treat systemic candida. I have what I believe to be systemic candida of the lung membrane and back muscles.i.e a tingling spreading sensation in torso. mostly back, and serious discomfort, unable to exert self in any way or drink alcohol as both aggravate the symptoms greatly. I would be very interested to know how the systemic candida has affected yourself.

I am currently taking a 6 week course of diflucan 400 mg/day. apparently there is about a 60% success rate with diflucan .. Some candida species are resistant to its effects. presently I feel dreadful. This could be because the diflucan is working. time will tell.

like evrything else check it out on the internet.

i would be very interested to hear from someone with systemic candida.
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I'LL BE INVESTIGATING ALL THE SUGGESTIONS...JUST ONE QUESTION: THE LAST TIME I TOOK A PRESCRIPTION DRUG FOR YEAST THE MAIN THING AVAILABLE WAS NIZORAL..IS DIFLUCAN AS HARD ON THE BODY AS THAT ONE WAS? IF SO, I WILL LOOK INTO THE ALTERNATIVES........I HEARD THAT CASPOFUNGIN IS SUPPOSE TO BE OK IN THAT REGARD..BUT WOULDN'T YA KNOW IT, NOT AVAILABLE...LOL, AMELIA[This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  7. healing

healing New Member

Just a note of caution here: If you are taking lots of Diflucan, you need to get your liver function checked regularly by your doctor.