Cat Lovers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Nov 7, 2005.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi, i too lost my cat this fall, he just disapeared and i really miss him. my six year old named him Hungary-Gary for short. We raised him from a kitten, and he had that true rag doll personality, he was double coated, and had a bob-tail. He was only 2 years old. I miss him following me around the house talking to me. And warming my lap.

I have to admit horses are my animal of chose, but they don't sit in the lap so well. Never was a big cat lover until this guy came along, i miss him alooooooot. He was one of a kind.

The worsed is we don't know what happened to him. I have three guesses. Someone stole him, shot him, or a coyote got him. But of all the cats, he is the only one that disappeared. And, he stayed mostly inside, while the others are barn cats.

Picture posted in bio.

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

so sorry about your cat..I love all critters,except snakes and spiders and bugs...lol anyway it is horrible when something like that happens, but maybe he will come back if someone has him and he is able to get away..we hoppe that is the case.. I had a cat that was gone 2 weeks and came home.. so you never can tell. ~hugs~
  3. morningsonshine

Thanks, 1horse, it's been about 2 months now.

I'll have to post a picture of my horse soon.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

I've always loved horses. Even tho I don't have one, (to expensive) I've riden since I was young. My aunt taught me how to ride on her horse, so I rode often with her. When I was in high school, a friend lent me one of her horses for a yr. Since I had a horse everyday, I learned to ride bareback. Riding is the only thing I can do without pain. I always find that amazing!
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

He looks so like my cat who died about 4 years ago at almost 14 years of age. I loved him so much, and I can see why you are so heartbroken not knowing what happened. I'm so sorry.

I have another now whom I love to pieces...it's wonderful to have them, but then they break your hearts...just like kids! (-:

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Sue
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I know just how you feel. I was never much of a cat lover until a stray named Leroy came into my life. He was an incredible cat and stole my heart. He lived to the ripe old age of 18. He has been gone since '96 but I still miss him.

We replaced him with two cats that we love. But there will never be another Leroy.

Your Gary is a beauty and I can understand how you miss him. Not knowing what happened to him must be so hard. I really feel for you.

Pepper
  7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

It is so hard when you lose an animal and wondering what has happened to them can be so difficult. I know because that was the situation with my cat, Horace. He just disappeared one day and never came back. (I think now that my ex., to whom I was still married at the time gave him away.) It was so hard not knowing. I decided that I was not going to go through that again and when I got my next cat, I got a chinchilla. She has never been out of the house except in her carry case - 15 years. I believe that she lives a good - and very spoilt life inside the house - and I am confident of her safety and that she will be there when I come home.
  8. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I feel terrible for you! I know how hard it is to lose an animal you love so much. The only peace of mind I can share with you is that we have wonderful people come intp our Vet Clinic almost daily that have found a kitten and they want to keep it, give it vaccs, and care for it. Maybe your kitty just wondered off too far. No one can love him like you do, but its better to think of him in someones house than your other guesses.
    Hang in there...
    JPach
  9. Musica

Musica New Member

not knowing what happened. Your imagination must run wild, you don't know how long to look for him or hope, you just keep looking out and hoping to see him... I'm sorry your baby disappeared, and he was practically a baby, too! It's amazing how we get used to being followed, talked to, sat on, and all those other habits our furbabies get us used to. I think it takes that first cat for non-cat lovers to be converted. Those rumors about cats being so aloof - not true!
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Oh, what a gorgeous cat. I'm so very sorry. Possibly someone thought he was a stray and took him in.

We have a cat coming to our deck along with a neighbors cat, Boots. My husband said he has seen this one cat with Boots where Boots lives. I just hope it is their cat and they had her spayed. Boy, I hope she doesn't have kittens here because we can't take another cat in.

We already have one inside only cat, Biscuit, who is 11. I lost my other two cats to sudden death, one in 2001, and another one in 1998. The one in 2001 was an inside only cat 14 years old. The other cat was inside/outside and 9 years old. I miss them so much.

Because your cat is so beautiful, I would say someone saw him and took him in. I bet he has a new loving family now, but I know you are grieving missing him.

Hugs,
    Faye
    Have put my cats photo in my profile. She looks a little spooky because she has one brown eye and the other one is normal amber/green. [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Your Gary was so precious. What a beautiful pic of him!
    I hope that he will come back...it's not impossible!
    My daughter-in-law had a cat to get out of the house. She survived a entire winter in the Chicago cold...but she came back in the spring! I couldn't believe it...she was an old cat too.

MamaR
  12. morningsonshine

I just can't believe you guys, your all so sweet.
    Thank you so much.
    Blessings to all

Misty