Cat Scan--Stomach--???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Peashock, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Peashock

Peashock New Member

I have to get a cat scan of my abdomen on Friday.. Has anyone ever had one before? I am having it because I have chronic pain in my upper left ribs and side. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Mary
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I have the same thing except on my right side. The pain is really like achyness where your waist is and in my ribs. It gets worse if I eat or take soemthing that I have reactions to. I know cat scans are not that big of a deal. Meaning they don't hurt so be brave and do it and you'll feel better afterwards. You'll at least have peace of mind. Pammy
  3. Peashock

Peashock New Member

Hi Sunny,
    Thank you for getting back to me... Was your pain anywhere under your left ribs and side? Someone mentioned your panceas is in that area and I have been so scared ever since I heard this. Why did they give you a scan? Thanks so much for the information...

Hugs,
    Mary
  4. basket21

basket21 New Member

I had a cat scan of my abdomen. My pancreas showed some abnormalities in an ultra sound and they were looking for a positive reading of cancer.I've had them in the past and you just lie down and go through this donut with lots of room to spare. The time they wanted to inject me with die which they did by intravenous. That didn't hurt either. Before I knew it, it was over.
    My understanding is that the pancreas wraps around the lower part of your back.
    There's nothing to worry about, so go and relax so you don't make yourself worse by stress.
    BTW my scan was negative. Thank God.
    basket21
  5. Peashock

Peashock New Member

Hi Sunny,
    You are right about one thing.. Do not worry?? I think I have felt twice as bad this week because I am so afraid of the cat scan results--I did not even get the cat scan yet, and already I am so scared--I guess I have convinced myself that something is wrong with my Pancres because I think I have just been reading too many things on the internet that have scared me to death. I guess when you are in this much pain in your rib cage and sides, you just automatically think the worst.. Although, everything I have read on this website about people, everyone seems to be in this horrible pain. I am so happy I found this site, it really helps. I appreciate your feedback. I hope you continue to feel better
    too.

Mary