CATECHOLAMINES Test Plasma and Urine Elevated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Apr 14, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Just wondering if any of you have had or know much about the Catecholamine test both plasma and urine.

I had mine done in 2003 and my Norepinephrine was high, the doc ordered a CT Scan of my Adrenal glands which was negative. I never got an answer as to why the elevation except maybe stress.

In some antidepressants they say seritona and norepinephrine since my norepinephrine is on the high side wondering if that is one reason I can't tolerate AD's .

I was just going over some of my old records and came across this, does anyone know anything about this test.

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

My husband thinks I am crazy so do others but I look at my labs etc. and do reasearch trying to find answers. Hoping I might stumple on to something.

I don't expect a cure, just something to make me feel better. Well, a cure would be great!!! Or some answers.

I have posted so much lately, you start the new post. i will now be doing some research on CNS, yes I agree there is something going on.

Its like a computer, we might have something that would be simple to fix if we knew the why's.

Thanks for your reply and interest,

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/15/2008</i>]
  3. digdeep

digdeep New Member

It sounds like you were tested for a Pheochromocytoma - BUT and it is a big BUT, these can occur outside the adrenal glands too, so you should have been given a FULL BODY SCAN to find where the pheo is.&lt;BR&gt;
    They secrete noradrenaline/adrenaline or both, otherwise known as norepinephrine/epinephrine. They can be present for years and years before diagnosis and can be tricky to find.&lt;BR&gt;
    You should follow this up as high norepinephrine is a classic diagnostic indicator but the follow up scans must be comprehensive to find the pheo.