Catering for Cats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Didoe, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I have begun a home business for cat catering.
    Mr. Boo:
    Breakfast 1 full mini can Hills Science Adult Liver/Chicken
    smossshed in to a fluffy pile
    Mr. Boo:
    Lunch 3/4 mini can, see above
    Pre Dinner 1/2 cup of dried cat food for kittens

warm tea with cream
    soft scrambled egg with cottage cheese
    Hill Science Adult Liver/chicken that Mr. Boo pushed him away from

Dry cat food for kittens
    butter on homemade bread and bread crumbs

Mid afternoon while Mr. Boo slept
    poached salmon skin, scraped belly meat
    dish of warm milk

Around 10:30 they split a final can of liver/chicken

I'm so tired everything i wrote erased, I'll post tomorrow. Night all
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

now we know why catering has "cat" at the beginning.

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I, too, am owned by cats but this morning I told them I'm taking control back again - as much as they'll let me.

My cat feeding day goes like this:

A.M. - roused from sleep between 4 and 5 a.m.
    - Sophie - out on the porch with the dish of dry food which she's been fooled to think is a treat even though it's sat inside all night.
    - Honey - a tiny bit of some type of chicken cat food (must have gravy) She will eat some, then go breathe on Sophie.
    - A small amount of canned venison at $1.75 a can put down for Sophie in the kitchen after cleaning up any drop of chicken from the floor.

- Sophie is let inside to sniff the canned venison which she's been prescribed by the vet due to food allergies. I think she's allergic to it but we've tried all others.

- Sophie out on the porch again
    - Honey given Hills Prescription Diet I/D (dry) of which she will eat some, then go breath on Sophie.

- See above for mid-morning if mid-morning didn't work out

4 - 5:30 p.m.
    - Sophie out on the porch with her second dab of canned venision. This one she eats.
    - Honey; repeat of morning sniff and lick.
    They both prefer canned food when it's first opened and not so much after that.

Dry food and fresh water is down is three locations all day. Heaven help us when winter comes and it's too cold on the porch.

I now have no energy for a social life which is why I'm attempting to regain control. Wish me luck.

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Now i understnd the term...

"living off the fat of the land"

thats what those cats are doing...and i wouldnt mind returning as a cat in my next rebirth if my mom could be a Pro Health board cat owner.

God Bless
  5. Didoe

Didoe New Member

re: but this morning I told them I'm taking control back again

both gentlemen I work for came in to see what all the laughing was about. i tried explaining it was a human joke about working in catering for kitties and how us humans blah blah blah and received a first warning...i'm on probation.

these two are polar opposite personalities...BooToo has begun 'talking' and he makes this teeny high pitched mew that sounds like a squeak toy when its squeezed...he's started answering to Squeakie.

Mr. Boo is so upset now at any attention BooToo gets--and he gets very little because of this problem--that when its feeding time he no longer takes me to the place where they were eating, I put both dishes down, he checks both and eats at the one he thinks is best--BooToo waits for him to choose. As fast as Mr.B can scarf down his food he then moves over and begins sharing BooToo's food. He tried to play with me and no matter how I divide the toy and my attention, BooToo is jumping all over, around and just moves at 10x the speed of light; he's tiny and light as a feather, Mr. Boo is slow, a pile of soft fluff, gentle and fairly patient...I've come to the conclusion that bringing BooToo here for him as a companion is a mistake. Mr. Boo may have missed me during the day, but now he can't 'be' with me even when I'm here.

Two nights ago I kept waking because their running around was punctuated by BooToo's cries and some hissing. Mr. Boo was blocking the doorway to the bedroom where I was sleeping, chasing BooToo away. I couldnt believe it and just watched, he let the kitten approach and would not let him past the doorway into the room. He doesnt do this during the day when I'm up and around.

When they wake late afternoons and are relaxed, they roll each other around, BooToo will hop on Mr. B's back and bite his neck and Mr. B 'falls down' in submission and they roll around nipping and growling very careful not to hurt each's really amazing to see. When Mr. Boo gets tired from being pushed around, he'll also lay (but slow and careful, you cant see BooToo under him) on top of the kitten and either licks his belly and face or bites him all over.

I was scared at first and thought they would seriously injure each other, I guess these are animal games.

I was working this morning, its back to office MOnday, and at computer with table covered with papers. It's 4 feet from bed to table; BooToo is now 9 inches head to tail.
    NO! means nothing, pick him up and place him away from my food plate, from jumping too high to down, nothing phases this kitten. He leaped from bed, thru the air onto a pile of paper, made the jump and nothing fell. Mr. Boo was viewing this from the top of the dresser, the only place now BooToo can't reach...I'm looking for a space for Mr.Boo, he's surrendered about all the ground he can.
  6. Didoe

Didoe New Member

hey what is that with the fresh opened canned food? I thought maybe because the food was cold coming from the refrigerator, but even after returning to room temp I can't sell it.

A newly opened can is okay and by evening, no matter how I air tight wrap it, Mr. Boo turns his nose up, he will NOT touch it. When he was alone, I had to toss some food away. He couldnt finish a 3oz by himself and I wasn't going to eat it even with him telling me 'it tastes like chicken.'

BooToo is as carefree with food as he is with everything else... as long as its edible and keeps coming, he's all for it.

As for the salmon or eggs etc. BooToo gets odd bits and scraps of dark brown meat on the fish skin or bits of egg if I have one, which is rare. I'd hate anyone to think these two strays are eating more than any of our members, anywhere in the world.
  7. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I have the soundtrack for The Sopranos playing and both hoodlums are on the rug not moving a muscle. There are many unexpected great tracks, Frank Sinatra began singing,complete quiet came over them.

Earlier this evening, Emerill (he's a chef)was at his stovetop, unwrapping chicken, walking and running back and forth-BooToo sat at the edge of the bed watching for 10 minutes.
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

You are both too funny telling us the stories of your kitties.

Do you think that if Mr. Boo continues to watch Emeril he will learn how to cook for you??

Keep on writing both of you. It is just to funny !!

[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2008]
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Didoe, it seems as if you're doing a little bit better with your two, maybe because of their age difference. I did try a kitten here but it exhausted both Sophie and me in one day. Is BooToo also a boy?

I want you to know that I rebelled yesterday morning (at 4). That's when Sophie with her keen sense of hearing or intuition knew I was awake - but I was trying to get back to sleep. Ms. Sophie decided that it was time for me to be up and hopped back up on the bed to chat. Honey followed soon after.

Something snapped in my head. I booted both cats off the bed, leapt up (yes, I did) while out of my mouth were coming words I didn't know I knew. I went in MY bathroom, grabbed the litter box and trotted it to the second bathroom floor. I plopped it down and stomped back to bed, shutting the door firmly on the way.

Of course, you and I know that I'd ruined any chance of much more sleep but I stayed there for another hour just for spite. And last night, after dog sitting my son's dog at his house (meaning three separate trips) I gladly went to bed with the cats' food and water in the kitchen and the litter box in the second bathroom. (I did add a night light...... don't laugh!)

This morning at 4, I got up to pee but then shut the bedroom door! I almost was too gleeful to go back to sleep but finally managed another hour and a half. YIPP-EEEEEEEEE!

The cats did have their first loud snarling fight once I got up, but they're not making me budge.

I have my bathroom back!!!!! There's even a bit of an echo in there.

I don't know what it is with the food. I've had lots of cats but NEVER this fussy. I suspect that's one reason Miss Honey got her butt booted out of someone's door.

Good luck! We can do this!!