Catgal.......? for you.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jorbax, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

Hope you don't mind me writing, but you responded to myself or someone and I recall something in your profile (just discovered those but haven't done mine yet).
    Anyway, noticed that you mentioned something about thinking of online counseling.....just wondering if you have started that? I am looking for just some support from someone who knows what it's like living w/ FMS and other probs.....
    We have no support groups in our area. And most of the clinical counselors here are into the "family therapy" and I just would love to have someone to correspond with to help me deal with some of my feelings.....
    I think I recall reading that you haven't been doing too well lately, so just let me know and I hope I haven't been too forward by writing this......
    You just reminded of a counselor I worked with short-term who was transferred and I was left behind!! :)) She was wonderful and we were just beginning to get into some cognitive stuff, but oh well!!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you care to email me, it's Jorbax@aol.com or if you'd rather not I understand also!
    PamR.
  2. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Pam~~I really appreciated your post. I am currently in the process of getting my Therapy Website designed as this is a dream I have had for a long time.

My neighbor (who designs websites) is helping me in her spare time, and I am doing the layout in my spare time, and since we both have regular jobs to attend to--it is taking us some time to get it up and going. Plus, I have been ill along with being in and out of the hospital, and my neighbor has had some kind of flu virus for the past several months.

When we finally get it up and running, I will let you know. In the meantime, feel free to post me here--although I realize there are some issues you wouldn't want to post on a public board. I would give you my e-mail address, however, my computer crashed, and I haven't gotten the e-mail program back online.

I know what you mean by no local support group. I don't have one either, and that is why this Board has been such a Godsend to me over the past several years. Unless you have FM and or FM/CFS it is very difficult for other people to understand such a mysterious disease, and even if they do try to understand--they soon tire of hearing about all our aches, pains, and other problems.

And that is why this is often a lonely and isolating illness filled with disabilities, grief & loss over who we used to be and what we used to be able to do, and eventually seeing the reflection of someone we no longer recognize.

I know for myself that I am constantly adjusting my life around my various illnesses while still trying to hold onto the concept that I do have control over how I choose to deal with the hand I've been dealt while simultaneously working through personal issues and daily stresses.

I hope you are having a good week, and I will look forward to reading your bio and talking with you. Blessings, Carol...
  4. catgal

catgal New Member

bump--bump bump
  5. catgal

catgal New Member

Hope you are well--will keep bumping until you receive this response to your post. Blessings, Carol....
  6. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Thanks for answering my question about if it was you I talked to on the chat.
    Also, thanks for telling me that you like my name.
    Sierra is my blonde lab's name. I wanted a cute middle name and my friend suggested Sioux since I was moving to Arizona.
    I read your profile and see that you are Native American. I am in Tucson now and there are some bad fires that have just hit the Indian Reservations-my prayers are with them.
    I lived in Indiana for 48 years and we have lived here since December.
  7. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

Thanks Carol, for your response to my post...sorry it's taken me so long to find it and respond....have been out of town for a week and it's taking me some time to get back into routine here!
    Sorry I haven't done a bio yet, but will try to do that soon! It is about all I can do to keep up w/ simple daily responsibilities w/ my 2 children (ages 5 & 9) and my 76 yr old Alz mother who lives with us also.....
    Anyway, I do appreciate your response and hope that you didn't mind my writing like that....just a little desparate that day, I think :)
    If you do get your website up and running please let me know....that would be neat to have that dream come true for you!!
    I surely hope that you are feeling some better now at least better than you were! Let me know how things are going for you....You can email me at Jorbax@aol.com or just post here .....
    Thanks again for your kind response....
    PamR.
  8. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

9. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member

10. Jorbax

Jorbax New Member