Cath is in the hospital and needs your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Dec 23, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that Cath (caffey) is in the hospital and not doing very well. A friend dropped by to see her yesterday on her way to work and found her in a horrible state. She had fever, high blood sugar, hadn't eaten all day and couldn't weight bear on her right foot. She was also a bit confused. She called 911 and sent her to hospital.

She has a bad infection and they can't seem to get her temp down. They don't know yet where the infection is but her right foot is red and very swollen. She also needs a blood transfusion as her hemoglobin is only 80. Her friend asked me to please get the word out on the board to her internet friends to pray for her. Thanks a lot!!
    I'll keep you posted!

Love, Pepper
  2. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I have been praying for Cath this evening, I pray the Lord will guide the medical staff, I pray Cath will be treated and recover quickly. I pray for the peace and comfort of Jesus to surround Cath.

Sweetpotatoe.
  3. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

I will pray for her today I am so glad someone found her! Love Laura
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I have copied your posts and sent them to Cath's friend to read to her. I know that your prayers will mean a lot to her.

Love, Pepper
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Saying prayers for Cath here too,please keep us posted.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Thanks, SPR30.

I just wanted to let you know Cathy is doing a lot better but still not great. Her foot is still very painful. She has cellulitis in the foot. She also had a blood transfusion last night and is feeling a bit better after that. She doesn't have a fever anymore. She is on IV fluids for hydration as well as IV antibiotics. Please continue to pray for her healing as well as emotional strength as this is a very difficult time for her.

Love, Pepper
  7. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Thanks for letting me know. I just said a prayer for Cath and will continue to pray for her. I hope she makes a complete and speedy recovery!

Lms526
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Prayers for Cath. So glad she is improving but sounds like she is still very sick. Will keep her in my prayers.

God Bless,
    greatgran
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Pepper,
    I am at my mom's house and can't access my email. I sent Cath a note on the arthirits board and then came over to here. I was so shocked to hear she is in the hospital.

Tell her I am praying for her and so sorry to hear about all of this. I hope you have let Nancy know as I am sure she will want to pray for her too.

I hope you are continuing to do better. I will be able to get to my email hopefully soon. I have to go to a parking lot and access their wifi at this restaurant.

I am continuing to pray for you as well. If you hear anymore updates let me know. Can Cath take phone calls. If so you could you email me the number if you know it. Thanks. I miss hearin from all of you.

Love ya,
    Nancy
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Lms526 and greatgran, yes, Cath is still very sick and needs our prayers. I haven't heard from her friend since I posted the update above.

Hi Bandwoman! I have sent you and Nancy an email wondering if you were sitting in the restaurant parking lot. I don't know any more than what is posted here at the moment.

I will ask Sue if Cath can take phone calls. I know that she was much too sick at first to take them but perhaps things have improved. I will email you the number if Sue gets back to me with an affirmative.

I have hit a little bump in the road and am very tired. The good news is that I am sleeping as opposed to being exhausted and not being able to sleep. So it will get better I am sure.

I hope that you are having a good visit.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love, Pepper
  11. alymom

alymom New Member

Thank you, Bandwoman, for posting about this on the RA board. Cath has helped me so much with my daughter.

Caffey, you are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are doing better, but also like you didn't have very much fun over the holidays! I'll make Aly save some Christmas goodies for when you get back! Take care.
  12. kgangel

kgangel New Member

please let cath know I will keep her in my prayers as well

God Bless

Kgangel
  13. cyberchar

cyberchar New Member

I couldn't understand why you didn't pick up your Christmas card - I never dreamed it was because you were in the hospital.

Please, please have your son, or a good friend, monitor what is going on with you. I couldn't bear to think you'd have an experience like I did.

I barely missed being a patient myself. My ammonia level went from 19 to 34 and my hemoglobin is 9. Then I look down and my foot has what looks like a little butt on top of it - 2 swollen, red & hot. But God smiled on me and the swelling is down, so it looks like my cellulitis went away on its own. See, we really do need to move in to an assisted living place together!!

My prayers will be with you, my dear friend. It is so nice that someone on this board is doing what you did for me, those awful days in July. I read those posts often.

Love & prayers, Char
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

I am copying this thread and sending it to Cath's friend and she can read it to her. I am sure that Cath appreciates all our prayers.

Love, Pepper
  15. Buzybee

Buzybee New Member

Just read the RA board. My prayers go out to Caffery. Dear God bless her and help the medical staff heal her.
  16. pepper

pepper New Member

I heard from Cath's friend. She says that she's still down because her foot is still swollen and red and is not responding to the IV antibiotics. She's also starting to run a fever again. So, they're still not sure what's going on. She had a CT scan of her abdomen because it's been very tender. But she's hanging in there. She's more coherent now and able to hold down a conversation.

She continues to need our prayers.
    Love, Pepper
  17. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks for the update. I am still praying and will continue to do so. We had a birthday party for my brother in law so I am getting home pretty late tonight and just saw this.

I will try to get to my parking lot as soon as I can.

Cath, hang in there. We all love you and are pulling for you. I am praying for wisdom for the doctors. I pray that this source of infection will be found and treated and that you will feel much better very soon.

Just know that we are here for you and miss talking to you.

Love ya,
    Nancy
  18. pepper

pepper New Member

I copied this and emailed it to Cath's friend. She told me that you have called her already but I assume it is the other Nancy who called? She still hasn't told me the name of the hospital and it doesn't sound like she is up to talking much although it might be a day brightener.

I sent you an email but there is no more news about Cath than is posted here.

I hope you are enjoying your holiday!
    Love, Pepper
  19. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I pray these beautiful blessings will help her to feel better

God Bless

kgangel
  20. Alary

Alary Member

Thank you fro letting us know, Pepper. I just loggied in to the Arthritis Page today after being off a week, so just found out.

Please tell Cath I am praying for her, too. She is such a good encourager and has a loving heart. Get well soon, Cath!