'Cause my cup has overflowed

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bakron, Oct 17, 2003.

1. bakron

bakron New Member

'Cause my cup has overflowed

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now. But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way, I'm reaping better than I sowed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches, and sometimes the going's tough. But I've got loving ones all around me, and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his blessings, and the mercies He's bestowed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

I remember times when things went wrong, my faith wore somewhat thin. But all at once the dark clouds broke, and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe, about the tough rows I have hoed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage, when the way grows steep and rough. I'll not ask for other blessings, I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy, to help others bear their loads. Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

(~author unk)

I Just wanted to share this poem that a friend shared with me with all of you on the Worship Board.

L, Jeannette
  2. FibroJudy36

FibroJudy36 New Member

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful poem with all of us.
    This is the first time I have ever read this poem and I think this is very touching.
    I hope it is a Blessing to all as they read it...........Blessings, Judy
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks Jeanette, that is so beautiful.
    Sure is a remimder for us all.
    We all are so truly blessed.
    I just look at my kids and can see that.
    God bless you.

Danny