Caused by FM ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 13, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I have a case of the 'twitches' today. For no apparent reason my arm give a jump, after 10 minutes in might be my hand, then a leg, etc.

I made an appointment with the nuerologist for the next available time. I think it was next week,anyway it is on my calender.

Does anyone else have a case of the twitches and if you do can you tell me if it is FM related?

Thanks

nyrofan
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

hayley.....

I have myoclonic and also take Klonopin for it.
    I am also on another med: Tegretol.
    I am not looking forward to another doctor's appoinatment, but I keep dropping things. My fingers (some of them) jump on the keyboard.

I also had a cup of herbal tea before and my hand dropped and the tea went all over me.

I was just curious if these neurologic symptoms might be related to FM.

As of now, I am not making it part of FM.

Thank you for the input.

nyrofan
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

ALL antidepressants cause me to have myoclonus.

Please ask your dr. about this if you take ADs.

I hope it is just a symptom like many others and stop after a while.

There's always hope!
    findmind
  4. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

I had them too - last week my finger (pinkie) twitched involuntarily for days until my whole hand hurt. Went to sleep with it twitching one night and woke up and it was ok again.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Haylecole:

Thank you so much for the good information. I never looked beyond 'the twitch'. I have it today, so I doubled up on Klonopin. (I can take three a day).

And to all others: thankyou for all you informed me about.
    I will admit take it all with me to the nuerologist.

I will admit I am scared about it, but I will keep it all in my mind when discussing with my doctor.

His firt availabe appointment for a 'emergency' is next week, so I guess I have to live with it for now.

I also have to see the urologist for a bladder problem.

Wooopie! What a fun-filled week. Not.

nyrofan
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

My eyelids & thumbs often twitch repeatedly for a few days at a time because of the fibro - it drives me batty.