causes of low energy with great sleep???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Jun 23, 2006.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Hi,
    I suffer from low energy and fatigue. I take a vitamin B-complex every day also. I have FMS but sleep wonderful (i dream almost every night) but I still wake up with no energy.

Should I be exercising?

Any thoughts or advice??? thanks
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

bumping back to page one
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Exercise would be very helpful even if you start out slowly. I've been told to take walks around the neighborhood or walk up and down the mall.

So I went out and bought a treadmill. You know, those treadmills can hold a lot of cloths....Just kidding; I haven't gotten to that place yet, but I do need to use it a little more than I do...Not just use it as a cloths-hanger...
  4. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

first get your hormone levels checked, thyroid especially and cortisol. These hormones get us going in the morning. Also get your estrogen, testosterone, progesterone checked.

Get your mineral levels checked with a hair mineral analysis. Low levels of minerals can also cause fatigue.
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

We should always be exercising as much as we can without causing ourselves to be more ill. Our bodies were made to move.

I'm amazed that you sleep well without sleep meds (I assume) and evidently have REM sleep if you dream. Have you had a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea?

Best,
    Marta