Caution examine ALL changes in your Ins policies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi all- I recently finished the 3 year remodel of my home, it was a $15,000 bank repo, 1500 sf ranch. So each year as more work was completed my insurance agent would up my coverage.

So last month he came by and gave me a $30,000 increase, it rasied my monthly rate about $20 a month, not bad. My car and homeowners are the same.

Well, I called when I got my golf cart to add it, then I got my bill, it increased $50 A MONTH! I was like say what??? for a golf cart.

So I called and my agent was on vacation so one of the other agents helped me. He asked me what kind of golf cart I had and told him and I paid $1900 for it. It was insured for get this- $19,000 yep- boy if I would have known that I would have had someone steal the thing,lol JK I could do that.

So had I not questioned that $50 increase I would have been paying on that $19,000 worth of covereage that I didn't need. Don't assume rates go up without a reason, we are all human and we make mistakes. My agent is a very good and honest man and I am sure he didn't mean to rate me up, just put in a few too many 000's.

ALWAYS question when you make changes and the rates jump too high-Carla
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I try to check my bills every month because there have been some whopper mistakes in the past.

Have you ever purchased an outfit on sale at a department store----and then it rings up full price when you go to pay for it??? It is too easy to just swipe your card and not pay attention to the actual transaction.

I'm getting ready to put in a claim on my pet insurance for the vet bills and euthanasia of my dear little doggie. You read the policy when you first get it. THEN, when you are actually going to make a claim---all these little additional words come popping out of the paragraphs. These "qualifying words" suddenly are VERY important. It isn't bad enough that my dog initially probably got rat poison----- the exact poison had to be defined and the treatment had to be specific to that particular poison. The policy only begins to cover from the point where the actual poison is identified.

So it is going to be "interesting" to see how the insurance company deals with a poisoning of unknown origin, a drug reaction to an antibiotic for a bladder infection that developed in the middle of the poisoning episode, hemmorhaging from unknown origin all over her little body under her skin, blood transfusions, etc.

I'll let you know how it turns out. We will see if pet insurance is worth the expense.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

HI- I am so sorry your lost your buddy. I have been looking for your posts and noticed the other day you hadn't posted and figured you had lost your baby.

I hope the ins pays off, but like most the "fine print" screws you everytime. I wish you the best-Carla