CD57 moving up!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by justjanelle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

After a year and a half of treatment, my doctor re-tested my CD57, and it's moved all the way up to 150! OK, so that's still below the "normal" of 200-280, but way better than the 100 when I started. I think the Biaxin he switched me to last fall is really helping.

The bad news is that my EBV is still unchanged at 750 (normal 70).

I've been fighting this for 19 years, and getting brushed off by doctors for 12 of those, then the fibro diagnosis, and finally the Lyme diagnosis a year and a half ago. And this is the first time I'm feeling like my health is actually improving -- and now the CD57 test is showing "proof" that's true!

I just knew you'd be happy too.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I am happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so good to hear that your health is improving!!!

I wish more people with CFS or FMS would understand that they should thoroughly investigate the possibility of borrelia burgdorferi infection as a cause of their symptoms.

Most people either never give it a thought, or think that the ELISA or western blot that their Dr did through some junk lab ruled it out.......sad, so sad, that so many people will never have a chance to recover.

I am so glad that you are recovering though!!!
  3. maps1

maps1 Member

Very new to all this and happy to hear you are seeing improvements, one quick question though. Where did you get the CD57 test done?

regards
    maps

4. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

This test was ordered by my Lyme Doctor, but I'm afraid I don't know what lab he uses for it.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi maps,

LabCorp is the recommended lab for doing a CD 57.

take care,
    Nanie46
  6. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

I hear you have to ask specifically for LabCorp in CA.

Janelle, I'm soooooo happy for your progress! <BIG SMILE>

7. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

That is wonderful. It's good to hear that people are getting better! I just had a CD 57 test and my result was 18. Just started treatment about a month ago. What have you done to get better besides the Biaxin?