CDC CFS research followup at Duke U. ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yellowbird, Sep 26, 2006.

1. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

In their press conference last April, the CDC said that they would be handing the data they had gathered to 30 other researchers, who would then meet at Duke U. in June to announce their findings (and whether these confirmed the CDC's)

Has anyone heard about the outcome of the Duke conference? I found a pertinent web page but I don't have the science background to really understand it.

Anyone?

http://www.camda.duke.edu/camda06/papers/
  2. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

3. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

last try...
  4. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I have wondered about this, too. I thought the findings were supposed to be announced in June after being published in a scientific publication.

I also thought they were supposed to announce this in conjunction with the awareness campaign.

Once again, nothing has happened like they said it would. At least, no public announcements.

I can't make sense of the papers at the website you listed, either. Maybe someone else with a medical background can?

Phoenix
  5. phoenixrising2

To see if anyone's heard anything.
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have been waiting also. I have not looked at the site yet but if it's complicated, I will not understand it.

Maybe if this post is bumped someone will jump in that will understand.

I have been disappointed with this campaign. Where are all those big announcements???
  7. phoenixrising2

I have been disappointed, too.