CDs and DVDs of recent IACFS conference available

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

The recent 8th biennial conference of the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA, January 10-14, 2007) was professionally taped this time for the first time.

It was done by Instatapes in Idaho. Their phone number is 1-800-669-8273, and their fax number is 1-888-346-8273. Their address is Insta-Tapes Media, P.O. Box 908, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83816-0908 USA.

They are offering three options: (1) audio CDs, (2) Mp3 audio, and (3) DiGiVision DVD Rom. The third option is a video that shows the speaker on half the screen and the Power Point slides on the other half, and of course has the audio with them.

The program order code for this conference is CFS-061/062. They are offering recordings of either the patient conference or the research conference or both, in all three of these recorded options. Check with Insta-Tapes for the prices.

At the conference, they promised delivery within 10 days for the third recorded option, and within 30 days for the other two options.

[This Message was Edited on 01/20/2007]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is great. I appreciate the detailed information.

Kathy
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

You're welcome!

Let's try to keep this bumped.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Are there presentations on here that are worth listening to in full? Meaning, that are useful or enlightening? And that haven't already been summarized for us by the kind folks who attended the conference?

Thanks!
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

That's a good question. I didn't attend the conference, but from my experience attending other CFS conferences, I can tell you it is very difficult to absorb all of the details of the presentations , let alone take notes and relay the news to others. Also, everyone has their own interests that they tend to follow, so some things are missed.

You might want to see if you can get your hands on a copy of the syllabus. That way you can check to see if there were presentations that you'd like to know more about yet aren't covered here. I suspect IACFS or PANDORA might be able to help you there.

It would be great if either of the organizations offered a copy of the research abstracts.