CEBV or just elevated titers...How can you tell?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by llelnino, Sep 18, 2008.

1. llelnino

llelnino New Member

I was wondering if there was a way to tell if EBV is active or if it is just elevated titers?

I hear of many people saying that they have swollen/tender glands, sore throat, fever.....etc

Does Chronic Epstein Barr have specific trademark symptoms?
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i would say it feels like a mild flu...maybe scratchy throat...tender lymph nodes....

but there is no real way to tell if its active (other than tissue culture). elevated IgG titres can SUGGEST it - especially elevated antibodies to the early antigen.

i know i have it cuz i havent been well since i got mono.

good luck
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2008]
  3. spacee

spacee Member

To even hint that you have a mental problem sends big, waving red flags to me. I surely hope you have an alternate choice.

I have had the DD for 22 years. In the beginning, I was being treated by a woman doc. I went to her when I weighed 112 lbs and said, "I don't want to lose any more weight". She put me on a gram of xanax 4 times a day with these words, "Stay on the xanax, I have a lot of patient's like you". I requested the EBV test that came back positive and then she referred me to a medical school.(They said I had lupus which was wrong) but she also gave me my chart and then I was able to read her diagnosis...deep seated anxiety. Evidently she was not able to diagnose Tachycardia...rapid heart beat so fast, I needed heart med. After I was put on the heart med, I was no longer nauseated and I could eat sitting up again. Some doctors are worthless....