Celebrex,Vioxx,Arcoxia,now Diclofenic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Sep 4, 2005.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi
    I was put on celebrex...then vioxx....then arcoxia and now my doc has me on diclofenic.

I think the 1st three are all from the same family so doc took me off cos of the scares about them.

Does anyone else take diclofenic and is it a good med?
    I am also on Voltaren cream (which is diclofenic)for my painful bunions.Only just started on them and I am worried about side effects cos I dont get on well with meds.

Rena
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've been on that along with Cytotec 200 mcg. (to coat the stomach to keep the Diclofenac from causing stomach problems). I take 100 mg. of the Diclofenac after dinner with the Cytotec and it has helped that all over aching so very much.

Have been on this for years. If there is any side effect it may be that it makes me tired. The benefits far out weigh any problems. I love it!

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

my mom, dad and I have been on it and it is great. for my fibro pain ultracet is better but i love diclofenac for back pain.
  4. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

My doctor had me on Vioxx before it started elevating my blood pressure. Then I switched to Arthrotec, which is diclofenac with something in it to protect the stomach. That wasn't nearly strong enough. So now I'm on diclofenace sodium, which is Voltaren.

I read that, as long as you take under 150 mg daily, you shouldn't be bothered by problems - at least the heart kind. I, too, find that what I'm taking isn't enough and my pain seems to be growing daily. It also could be that I'm doing too much.

I take Ultracet for "breakthrough" pain. I think I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask her if I can simply switch to Ultracet or take a combination of diclofenac and Ultracet.

Gentle hugs,
    Nancy
  5. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have been taking it for a week now and it is not helping at all so I am going back to see my doc this week to see what else he can give me.
    It has caused really bad constipation which causes more pain as I suffer from hemmoroids too!! ooowwwwww!

I was not doing to bad on the arcoxia but I feel like screaming now.Its that all over body pain and where anything that you touch also really hurts.
    Dont know what to try next??

Take care
    Rena
  6. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

BUMP

Rena