Celebrex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sugarpeach, Jan 5, 2007.

1. sugarpeach

sugarpeach New Member

Happy New Year everyone! It has been along time since I posted but I read almost daily. I really find so much information from everyones experiences and stories. What brave, caring, and inspiring individuals!!! I was recently given some samples of celebrex but have been leery of taking them ( my mom took vioxx and had a heartattack same year} I dont know if the celebrex will be helpful but my pain is way high and my pain meds do not help for more than 3 hrs. Does anyone take celebrex and then stronger (opiates) for breakthrough pain? I have also been given the choice of trying morphine 90mg 1x a day but just the word seems so hardcore. I have had FM for over 12 years and was just recently diagnosed with Brachial Plexus. I have had 1 surgery in skalein? area but still have considerable pain in arm but numbness is better so Dr. thinks I am better and doesnt want to see me anymore. He said I should go back to my neck Dr. Please advise! Confused and exhausted but optimistic. Susan
    P.S. Thanks so much for listening!!
  2. mary124

mary124 New Member

My husband takes this medication, he doesn't take anything else with it, he takes 200 mg daily, and he can tell the difference after a couple of days if he runs out and he doesn't take it -- pain starts in again. He has no problems with it, has been taking it for almost a year now. Good luck with it.
  3. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Hi,sugarpeach,
    I have taken Celebrex for several years--200mg
    twice daily.I have severe osteoarthritis in all my major joints, along with FM, CFS and a host of other ailments.

Sometimes I think the celebrex doesn't help much, but
    just let me be without a few days and my hands,especially
    my thumbs really give me a fit.

I also take Hydrocodone for pain.I am on a lot of other meds also.But nothing ever really stops the pain.It
    just takes the edge off.

My Dr. does a lot of lab work every four months to
    make sure none of my organs are being damaged.

I was on BEXTRA befor they took it off the market.
    It was by far the best drug for OA. (For me.)

I am recovering from a total knee replacement that
    was done on Nov. 27,2006. I had a total shoulder replacement
    in 1999.This healed wonderfully as well.

Sure hope the Celebrex gives you some relief from your pain.

Best wishes, (((((cathugs))))))