Celexa, Prozac, Sex Drive, Trazadone, Norco and ZMA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hideycat, Apr 17, 2003.

1. hideycat

hideycat New Member

I am off the Celexa, 40 mg - no withdrawals. Off for 3 days and then started generic prozac, 40 mg. The sex drive is back!!! YES!

I have quit taking the ZMA - but my husband still takes it for the restless leg syndrone. Works wonders for him. He sleeps better and doesn't "chase rabbits" in his sleep any more. I think I buy it from ImmuneSupport.com.

The reason I quit the ZMA is that I started on Trazadone 100 mg at bedtime. I finally caught on how to take it so I'm not a zombie the next day. I take the pill 12 hours before I want to be up and moving the next day. If I take it as I go to bed - I'm toast for several hours the next day. Plus, once or twice a week I take only 1/2 a pill. Once the trazadone gets in my system-there is less pain. I didn't know there would be that result. Just an added bonus. Sleeping for over 2 hours in a stretch is really great!

The insurance changed it's policy of paying for drugs. the Panlor DC I was taking was $20 for a three month supply. Now it would be $145. So I asked for a different pain killer. Now on Norco, generic. Hydrocodone-acetaminophen (10/325) - 2 every 4 hours. It controls the pain. But the Panlor DC had caffine in it. You would not believe the sick headaches I got when all the caffine got out of my system. I seldom drink anything with caffine in it. Finally went to Wal Mart and bought some nodoz. Going to wean my self off that gradually.

This changing around the drugs really is hard. But I only changed one at a time. So I could tell if there were side effects or anything - like NO CAFFEINE!

Hope this helps some one!
  2. marta

marta New Member

I saw your subject line and thought, I can relate to two of those things, the sex drive and the Trazadone!

My comment to you is about Trazadone. You need to drink lots of water with it and make sure you're getting enough fiber. I have no comment on your sex drive except to say congratuations!

Good luck on the new regimen.

Marta
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You have found something to help the pain and sleep. As for myself, its the ZMA that does the trick, helps with the pain, and I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night now, as compared to waking up every hour on the hour!

Good luck!

Shalom, Shirl