celexa WHO takes this did it help headaches and PAIN?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 29, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

How has this helped you ? I am only taking 20mg and feel it has really calm me down. I use to have headaches 24-7 .Since I have been taking this my headaches have gone away about 3/4 th of the time. I am wondering if I increased it to two a day under Doctors care if this could help me get rid of my headaches all together.

I'm just afraid about fatigue from this med ,I already have terrible CFS but It would be wonderful if It helped my headaches and my pain from FM.

I also have very bad pain 24-7 Has Celexa helped anyone with their pain ?

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I used to take it but no more. It did help with pain - I guess - because I sure had pain when I quit taking it.

I took 2.5 mgs. which isn't much at all but then I'm funny with meds. If and when you want to quit, take months to do it. Word from the wise and the weary.

Marta
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I took it 6 years ago for about 7 months for depression and it helped a lot and I had no withdrawal when I came off of it.

I don't know about pain, as that was before the fibro beast hit me.

The only side effect I had was extreme - and I mean extreme - night sweats. And I remember being a little tired for the first week or so.

Good Luck

Sue in Ontario
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

5. Rebeck

Rebeck New Member

HI, I TOOK THE MED, FOR ABOUT A YR. BUT I HAD FIBROMYALGIA AND IT DID NOTHING FOR ME, I HURT JUST AS BAD AS EVER. THE DR. FINALLY TOOK ME OFF OF IT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T DO ANYGOOD , GOOD IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, AS THEY SAY WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT..GOOD LUCK BEDKYY