Celiac, Intolerence, or Nothing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Jan 12, 2010.

LISALOO New Member

I have CFS and wonder if I have Celiac disease. Tests show neg but I don't eat enough bad foods before testing to cause a positive. My allergy tests are fine, both immediate and delayed.

25% off the time I eat bread or pasta, don't feel tired after. 75% of the time, I feel more tired 30-40 hours later and it lasts for several days.

I never have diaharrea or the usual symptoms of celiacs.

What do you think?

You guys are so helpful, thanks!
  2. astroherb

astroherb New Member

Lisaloo, It makes a lot of difference what kind of test you had. The standard tests that allopathic doctors order only flag those with the very lowest scores as having celiac problems.

I took an antigliadin saliva test. It showed that my antibodies to gluten were very, very high. Dr. Farr said I could have a colon biopsy if I wanted to, but he was sure I had somewhat severe gluten intolerance. He was right. I feel so much better now that I am gluten free.

I never had the usual symptoms of celiaces either. I did notice a strange crawling sensation in my head (and sometimes elsewhere) after I ate certain things. I thought I was just sensitive to carbs (which I am), but it was more than that. Those symptoms have also disappeared on a gluten-free diet.

Personally, I don't think it matters whether you have gluten intolerance or celiac. Either way your body reacts to it.

Also, gluten is everywhere. The average person in the Western world gets a big does of gluten in their daily diet even if they never eat bread or pasta.

Hope this helps. Good luck with tracking it down.

LISALOO New Member

I had a blood test, but I also was only eating gluten about 4 times a month at the time, when i know you have to eat much more to register as pos.

I'll have to see if someone locally offers this test you mentioned. (Iwon't see Dr. Farr, he didn't understand IC and misprescribbed supplements that I then couldn't return)

I'm not sure if my symptoms can be correlated togluten or just the constant ups and downs of cfs.

I did print a 3 page list of things to avoid so I will try that for a week. Sometimes I'm not so knowlegable about extra ingredients or flavorings in foods.