CELIAC or IBS?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by josee, Sep 12, 2003.

1. josee

josee New Member

Hi,
    I'm new here and really need help! I have a large hiatal hernia and GERD - taking Nexium - which no longer works, and Dr. says possibly FMS. Added to that, for the past few months I've had worsening upper stomach pain radiating into my back, unintended weight loss (about 25 pounds), diarrhea (sometimes constipation) cramping in lower abdomen, nausea, chest pain, exhaustion.
    I've recently had lab work, abdomen cat scan(OK) and colonscopy (OK). Waiting for biopsy results and labwork checking for celiac disease. I've been reading the boards all afternoon and feel even more confused! I see things about candida, food allergies, supplements, meds, etc.

At the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, let me also say we just moved from a house (lived there 3 years) found to have two very toxic molds (already knew I am highly sensitive to airborne molds).

I am SO SICK - can somebody help?

Grateful..........
  2. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

I HAVE (IBS) AND MANY OTHER THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THIS FIBROMYALGIA,,,,BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT (GERD) IS ???

MY DAUGHTER HAS SOME OF YOUR STOMACH SYMPTOMS,AND THE DOCTOR DID TESTS AND SHE HAS COLITIS......THE PAIN RADIATING INTO HER BACK FROM HER STOMACH, AND SHE AT FIRST THOUGHT SHE WAS HAVEING A HEART ATACK,,,(BUT WASN'T)
    SHE ALSO HAD THE WEIGHT LOSS, FROM, DIARRHEA/CONSTIPATION
    VOMITING, AND SEVERE LOWER STOMACH CRAMPS,PAIN....

FROM THE COLONSCOPY, SO I UNDERSTAND,THE DOCTOR TOLD HER SHE HAD COLITIS. SHE WAS PUT ON A DAIRY FREE DIET, & HAS TO BE VERY CAFEFULL OF WHAT SHE EATS.

NERVES,,,,,,,, PLAY A BIG PART OF HER HAVEING FLARE UPS, AS DOES FIBROMYALGIA... ALSO SHE IS ON A MEDICATION FOR THIS,,PLUS AN ANTI REFLUX MED.

SOMEONE SHOULD POST BEFORE LONG THAT HAS MORE INFOMATION ON THIS THAN I DO. FIBROMYALGIA, CAUSE SO VERY MANY SYMPTOMS
    AND ALL CAN HAVE DIFFERANT SYMPTOMS. BUT ITS GOOD TO HAVE ALL ISSUES CHECKED BY YOUR DOCTOR.. SEEMS YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK THO, TO FINDING OUT.

YOU HAVE CAME TO A VERY GOOD PLACE FOR INFORMATION, AND SUPPORT. "TRY NOT" TO FEEL LIKE A HYPOCHONDRIAC,,, AS WITH THIS FIBROMYALGIA, WE EACH CAN HAVE SO VERY MANY SYMPTOMS.
    LADYBUG2

[This Message was Edited on 09/13/2003]
  3. lch937

lch937 New Member

Hi I wish that I had an answer for you. I have had health problems for over a year now and been to many drs. One problem seems to lead to another. I was dx with ulcertive colits about 20 years ago and am currently having one of my worse flare ups ever, I also have chronic headaches and depresion. I have been on the candida diet, seen the allergist etc...everyone has a different answer. Hopefully you can find a dr who is willing to work with you to find the answer. i am lucky to have a chiropractor who has been with me from the start just when I am about to give up she finds a new treatment to try (I like the natural approach eventhough I am on many meds)she is also always there to give me a pep talk when I need it. I also do a lot of research on my own - I think I could open a medical library. Sorry to ramble. I just want to let you know that I understand your pain and frustration. I will be thinking about you.

Laura
  4. snoopy6568

snoopy6568 New Member

I also have been diagnosed with hiatal hernia/GERD but I no longer take meds for it, I changed my diet to control the heartburn. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and could not get my doctor to do anything or even suggest anything to help make me feel better. I also just had a really bad case of diarrhea last year. It lasted a month without stopping, had the CAT scan which was negative and also had a upper GI with meal follow thru which showed some polyps but they later found out that it was just undigested food (first they told me lymphoma), then had a colonoscopy and also came back negative. Doctor just gave me the catch all IBS diagnosis, also have stomach pain, constipation, bloating and stomach cramps. I also have a ton of other stuff wrong with me too, chronic sinusits and allergies. So I figured I was going to figure this out on my own. First I thought candida because I have taken a lot of antibiotics and prednisone, so I am treating myself for that with herbs and supplements But, also i went to Enterolab.com and ordered a test for gluten sensitivity and it was positive. I am so happy that I finally have an answer!! I can't wait to feel human again!
  5. recon2

recon2 New Member

josee:

Recommend combining nutrition and energy medicine to beat Candida (recover your immune system) beat Celiac and/or IBS:

Use Three-Lac, Digestinal, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Primal Defense, and the Harmonic Quad 5 with Antenna. Because the candida diet can accelerate the recovery process, stay on it for the first 3 to 6 months. After 6 months add the Harmonic Quad with Antenna and gradually experiment with adding different foods to your diet, continue to avoid refined sugar for at least 2 years or longer.

--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- -------

http://www.candidasupport.org/about_story.htm l

"Not only have our Candida problems been eliminated, but we now eat fruit, pasta, cereal, bread, cheese or can have a glass of wine with dinner. No food is taboo anymore (although we still don't go crazy with sugar). But what a joy it was to return to that kind of freedom in eating. Our sleep is deeper, our thinking clearer and we have more energy and get so much more done."

--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- ----

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/coconut- oil.html

"In addition to Virgin Coconut Oil, if you suspect that you have a candida yeast overgrowth, supplement your diet with strong probiotics to balance the flora in your intestinal tract and rebuild your immune system. Traditional fermented foods are one of the best additions you can make to your diet, while eliminating refined sugars and simple carbohydrates that the yeasts feed upon."

--------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

http://www.digestinal.com/

"Digestinal to restore proper immune system function."

--------------------------------------------- -------------------------

http://webdeb.com/zapper/testimonial.htm

Harmonic Quad 5 with Antenna, - start using it 10 minutes/day and monitor die-off reaction then gradually increase to overnight. More you use it the more you will interrupt the candida reproductive life cycle which progresses from spore to mycelial form very rapidly. When you contact deb ask about anti candida products as well.

Good Luck!

6. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I suffered 5 decades of severe IBS w/3 hospitalizations. No cause was ever found. When I had first one, then the second child diagnosed as gluten intolerant, I decided the whole family would eat gluten free. Within one month, all of my daily gut agony was gone.

There are quite a few of us who are gluten intolerant, despite lack of celiac antibodies. However it is good to get the tests run.

Best wishes.