Cellfood DNA/RNA, ATP benefits

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

Pat has been informing us of the benefits of cellfood, there are some additional products within the range and this is just one of them.

Like cytolog this is sold as a spray which ensures maximum absorption, ie over 90% in 30 seconds as against 3% if taken orally.

CELLFOOD DNA/RNA

Added ATP Benefits
    ATP stands for adenosine triphosphate, perhaps the most important of all the nucleic acid derivatives in
    the body. Its effects are so powerful and essential to cellular function, a description of its unique
    properties warrants special attention. CELLFOOD DNA/RNA has an especially rich supply of
    ATP in a highly bioavailable form.

ATP is the fundamental currency of every cell in the body. Virtually every activity in the body that
    requires energy uses ATP as the source of power. Whether the function is building complex molecules
    from building blocks, maintaining the electric potential of cell membranes, or allowing muscle fibers to contract for mobility, speed, and strength, it is ATP that provides the electrochemical fuel.

Cellular Energy

There are two fundamental ways ATP is generated in the body, one very efficient and one very wasteful.

Efficient ATP production occurs through aerobic metabolism in the mitochondria, tiny organs or organelles within the cell that burn fuels like fat and glucose to generate ATP. Aerobic means that oxygen is used to completely "burn" a fuel for maximum ATP production. For example, the complete combustion of a single glucose molecule to carbon dioxide and water yields a rich harvest of 36 molecules of ATP.

As CELLFOOD boosts cellular oxygen delivery, already making ATP production more efficient, the ATP
    in CELLFOOD DNA/RNA has an ideal environment for further boosting cellular energy conditions; thus
    all the desirable ATP effects are likely to be even more potent.

Inefficient ATP production occurs through anaerobic metabolism. Anaerobic means without oxygen, so
    very little energy and ATP are extracted from fuels. When glucose is broken down through anaerobic metabolism, each molecule of glucose only gives rise to 2 molecules of ATP, wasting 95% of the potential glucose energy. Further, the byproduct of this reaction is two molecules of lactic acid, which makes the
    cells more acidic and less functional. In athletes, lactic acid accumulation causes muscle fatigue and the "burn", whereas in cancer cells lactic acidosis is a long recognized metabolic disturbance that can promote
    a dwindling spiral of progressive malignancy.

The direct suppression of tumor cell lines by ATP is likely related to increased cellular energy efficiency.

The oxygenating effects of CELLFOOD combined with the rich supply of ATP in CELLFOOD DNA/RNA is likely to be additive and even synergistic at helping cells throughout the body achieve higher energy potentials and more ideal energy balances.

Neurological Effects

ATP is the primary fuel that drives learning, memory, and concentration functions. ATP is essential to maintain the membrane potentials that permit nerves to integrate and transmit signals throughout the
    central and peripheral nervous system.

In addition, giving ATP or its breakdown product adenosine intravenously has shown pain relief comparable to injected morphine for pain due to ischemia (impaired blood flow). Two surgical studies have shown a
    25% reduction in the need for postoperative narcotic pain relievers when adenosine was given IV.

Perhaps most remarkable, peripheral neuropathic pain is one of the most difficult pain syndromes to manage.

Excruciating constant pain may resist all but the most drastic measures. IV adenosine for 45-60 minutes reduced neuropathic pain for 6 hours to 4 days in 86% of persons tested.

Cardiac Strengthening

The cyclic contraction of cardiac muscle is highly ATP intensive and thrives on aerobic metabolism.

The combined oxygenation and ATP delivery effects of CELLFOOD DNA/RNA provide the heart with
    an enhanced energy supply for efficient function.

Providing intravenous ATP has been shown to slow conduction through the AV node, which has been
    used to slow down certain excessively fast heart rated called tachycardias. Occasionally chest symptoms
    can occur with rapid intravenous infusions of ATP that resolve within seconds after stopping the infusion. ATP is not known to cause excessively slow heart rates in persons whose heart rates are normal.

Muscle Performance

Skeletal Muscle also requires abundant quantities of ATP for muscular contraction.

Supplemental ATP has been described as an "explosive performance enhancer." Especially if given with two other nutrient supporters of muscle function, creatine monohydrate and creatine pyruvate, muscle endurance, performance, and recovery can be significantly boosted.

Lung Function

ATP administration has been shown to have numerous beneficial effects on lung function, particularly the delicate lining membranes of the airways and alveoli. In the lung, branching tubes called bronchi and then bronchioles deliver air to and from the tiny air sacs called alveoli. The alveoli form a large membrane only
    a single cell in thickness through which capillary blood can pick up a new supply of oxygen and unload carbon dioxide with every breath.

In vitro, or test tube level research, has shown that ATP increases secretion of surfactant in the alveoli. Surfactant is an essential substance that keeps the alveoli from collapsing when the breath is exhaled, preserving integrity of functional gas exchange.

The bronchial tubes are lined with tiny brush like structures called cilia that are constantly sweeping particulates that get into the lung upward and outward. ATP not only increases the ciliary beat frequency,
    it also increases the secretion of mucus and water from the bronchial lining, to help keep the lungs clear
    at all times.

In some conditions, the blood pressure in the vessels in the lungs can rise too high, a condition known as pulmonary hypertension. When given intravenously, ATP binds to the lining of the pulmonary vessels and stimulates a cascade of events that cause the blood vessels to relax and lower the pressure.

Cystic fibrosis is one of the most common inherited genetic diseases. Impaired water and electrolyte
    secretion from the bronchial lining results in thick secretions that block the bronchial tubes and result
    in recurring infections. ATP has been found to increase electrolyte and water secretion with improved clearance of secretions, offering hope of a new and useful intervention in this often aggressively
    progressive condition.

Cellular Immune Enhancement

Natural killer cells and cytotoxic T cells as reviewed are subtypes of effector lymphocytes that have a
    vital role in immune defense against tumors and virus-infected cells. Recent research suggests that ATP
    may play an important role in the mechanism through which these effector cells eliminate the target
    abnormal cells. In test tube studies, ATP has been shown to enhance the ability of cytotoxic lymphocytes
    to rupture the membranes of tumor cells.

Anti-tumor Effects

In test tube studies, adding ATP has shown the ability to inhibit the growth of several types of human cancer cell lines. The types of cancer cells inhibited include pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, melanoma, androgen-independent prostate cancer (i.e., not responsive to male hormone manipulation, the most aggressive variant), breast cancer, myeloid and monocytic leukemia (bone marrow derived tumors of blood forming cells), and multi drug resistant colon cancer. In contrast, normal cells from these tissues showed less inhibition of growth or no inhibition at all, suggesting that increasing ATP outside cells may have a selective inhibitory effect on several cancer cell lines.

Mice injected with the untreated leukemia cell line L1210 died of leukemia within 18 days.

In contrast, if the leukemic cells were treated with ATP before injection, 85% of the recipient mice
    survived for more than 70 days, a highly significant increase in survival.

In mice and rats, injections of ATP into the abdominal cavity have significantly slowed the growth of several different types of tumor cell lines, including colon cancer, lymphomas, and breast cancer. ATP administration resulted in significantly prolonged survival in the treated animals.

Administering ATP may also enhance the effectiveness of cancer chemotherapeutic agents, increasing the anti-tumor effect of a given dose, or greatly reducing the dose required for a therapeutic effect.

In particular, decreasing the dose of the treatment agents can dramatically reduce the toxicity of these anti-tumor drugs.

For example adding ATP to the drug doxorubicin to cultures of human ovarian cancer cells doubled the tumor cells eliminated compared to using doxorubicin alone. When ATP was given, 30-50% more doxorubicin accumulated in the cancer cells, whereas giving ATP to healthy human cells did not increase
    the accumulation of the drug.

In mouse melanoma cell lines, ATP increased the entry of several chemotherapeutic agents.

The anti-tumor effects of these agents were additively increased with ATP treatment. Even more
    remarkable was the synergistic anti-tumor effect seen with the drug vincristine; the effective therapeutic
    dose of this agent was reduced to one-tenth to one-fiftieth of the dose usually required.

In mice with melanoma addition of the ATP derivative adenosine to the treatment program significantly increased the tumor elimination. In addition, a protective effect was seen on the healthy bone marrow, preventing the usual decrease in white blood cells due to treatment.

Beyond growth inhibition, ATP may cause some types of tumor cells to burst. In human acute myeloid leukemia, a dose-dependent rupture of the cancer cells was seen using ATP.

In a randomized human clinical study, intravenous ATP was given to patients with advanced lung cancer
    at 2-4 week intervals. Whereas the control patients lost 2 pounds per month, the treated patients had
    stable to slightly increased weight. Over the six months of the study, the control patients lost one third of
    their muscular strength, while the ATP treated patients lost no strength. Although some medications may maintain weight in cancer patients, this is usually due to fat gain while muscle is lost.

Intravenous ATP is the first intervention ever studied that appears to be able to maintain muscle mass,
    body weight, and muscle function in advanced cancer patients.

Thus ATP may be broadly beneficial in supporting anti-tumor cell biology. ATP enhances cellular immune function, inhibits the growth of several types of tumors, and in some cases may be able to cause direct elimination of tumor cells.

In addition, ATP protects from radiation injury and may preserve weight and muscle strength. Further
    study will be needed to assess the full range of benefits it may provide. Given its high safety profile,
    ATP use may be one of the most beneficial adjuncts developed for supportive care, enhancing the
    results of conventional treatments.

Improved Human Survival of Shock

Under conditions of metabolic stress, such as depriving a tissue of oxygen through reduced blood supply, a rapid and massive depletion of ATP within cells occurs. Giving ATP or its metabolite adenosine has been described as a "natural defense system" to protect the tissues from the effects of severe oxygen deprivation.

These protective effects include improved function of energy generating mitochondria, better electrolyte transport, increased ATP within cells, reduced oxygen consumption, and improved function of messenger molecules within the cells.

Shock is a condition in which there is a generalized reduction of blood flow and oxygenation to tissues
    below that required for their function. If shock is sustained, organ failure or death may occur. Once shock
    is reversed, supportive measures to assist tissue recovery can significantly affect quality of outcome.

In a study of 32 patients with acute kidney failure or multiple organ failure due to shock, highly beneficial effects of intravenous ATP were observed. The patients were randomly divided into the treatment group
    that received intravenous ATP or the control group that did not. The survival rate of 73% in the control
    group was increased to 100% survival in the ATP treatment group, showing the powerful tissue restorative effect of this intervention.

Sexual Function

In human tissue studies, the administration of ATP and adenosine has been found to induce the smooth muscle relaxation that is essential for erectile function. In diabetic men, erectile dysfunction is common
    through several mechanisms. The erectile tissue of diabetic men has been found to be especially sensitive
    to the smooth muscle relaxation

effects of ATP, offering them a hopeful avenue of recovery of erectile function.

Containing both ATP and adenosine, CELLFOOD DNA/RNA provides these elements known to support optimum sexual function. Whether it is delivering the nutrients to repair and preserve the health of tissues, or boosting energy and performance, CELLFOOD DNA/RNA is designed to enhance quality of life across
    the board.

There's a Sam e version of cellfood too.

These supplements may be nmore suitable for those who have problems with the usual forms of supplements but still want the benefits they give.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Up to the top,without a stop!!

Ez
  3. nickname

nickname New Member

.....I spoke to the maker/importer of this product because I did not know which one to get. She was extremely helpful and sent me via email, a very, very long document about the cellfood with rna/dna.

One thing she did say was that this product does not contain large amounts of cellfood, and one should take the cellfood product itself to begin with, and then maybe in conjunction with the rna/dna at a later date.

Did what she advised, and just got the cellfood. Only started this week at 2 drops at a time - I remember when I did o2 products before - herxing like crazy - so doing it slow as per usual.

Will let u know effects much later

best wishes
    nickname
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

is a good one to start with. Just thought this newer product with RNA/DNA might assist other supps people are taking to increase their energy/metabolism at a cellular level.

Did you decide on three lac yourself or was it Dr Hyam's idea? Candida organisms hate oxygen so starting the cellfood first seems logical.

I stopped my amphotericin b a while back and am taking berberine complex instead. GP was reluctant to Rx more than a few Difuclan tabs and this herbal combination is thought to be just as good as Diflucan if not better. I'd already managed to knock out a lot of the candida so I was impressed by this herbal alternative, it worked for me.

Do keep us informed on your progress with both the cellfood and three lac.

Love

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
  5. coping1961

coping1961 New Member

would this be something to take in place of cytolog or would you take it with the cytolog. cytolog is on my list to try.this looks good also. so both or just one or the other. thanks for your help. karen
  6. nickname

nickname New Member

Only coming onto the computer in small amounts because the heat it chucks out just makes me feel so ill - I read it took a while for your body to settle down after all the upsets with the hot weather we had, and I think this is what is happening to me - God, I was sooooooo ill. Got to be quick.......

Dr H did not suggest threelac to me, but did suggest I get my liver sorted out - have the phase II problem. I figured liver goes hand in hand with lymph, candida and leaky gut.

My leaky gut is even leakier on testing after over a year on enteroguard, glutamine and probiotics. Read that one should deal with the candida problem first, and threelac sounded the easiest option - have done the diet for one year each on two separate occasions - just get thin not well, and certainly no improvements.

Dr H has discovered on testing that I have a problem with inflammation, and my genomic profile is totally biased towards autoimmune inflammatory diseases, plus I have the TH2 dominance. It is not good to have a leaky gut with this profile, plus I have been tested for MS - have had a lot of symptoms - some suspect leaky gut to play a role in initiating MS - not proven - (what is?).

UK importer is out of stock of threelac until end next week, so a little delay in starting this, but am doing the cellfood at a reduced dose to be going on with.

Tell me, is berberine complex doing anything for u??

I see Dr H in Sept. so am going to ask him about Nutri's total leaky gut and total liver detox products, plus anything else. These are apparently only avail on prescription, so I'll need his help if he thinks they would work. There is always so much to cover that things don't always get discussed in detail 'til the next app. with him.

In the meantime, I have had a lady coming to the house to do manual lymph drainage on me - can only tolerate 12mins max around my neck, but we are going to persist for about 2-3 months. See if it helps.

Got to go Tansy.

with best wishes
    nickname
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2003]
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

to be effective and I feel sure it is killing off more than just the residual candida. I was on amphotericin but had to stop that whilst on hydrocortone, so having already started berberine have just stuck to that for now.

My gut's been a real problem since I was 13 and lived abroad where raw sewerage was in the sea, used as fertiliser, and sanitation was poor too. Had some nasty infections and my gut never recoverd so I've had decades of living with leaky gut, ibs, etc.

I believe that for many of us we have to kill of any candida, restore friendly bacteria, and heal the lining of the GI tract if we are to have any hope of improvement and take the strain off our liver and other organs. I've tried this in the past and made some progress but never enough. Now more is known and info is more accessible I'm getting more success this time round. Still a long way to go but the signs are good.

Do hope you manage to find the right combination to kill off those yeasty beasties, I'm convinced doing so makes a big difference particularly in long term cases.

Good luck

Love

Tansy