cement arms and legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tbcmom, Dec 14, 2006.

1. tbcmom

tbcmom New Member

Does anyone have times where your arms and legs suddenly feel like cement, and you can't move? I've had fm for about 18 months, and one of the first things I noticed was that my muscles felt like they were going to give out (and
    sometimes they did and I couldn't walk).

No doctors have really addressed this problem. Any suggestions as to what it is or how to stop this from happening? My fm was triggered by a whiplash in a car accident.
  2. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I just know that at least once a day, everything feels like cement. If I rest for a while it goes away but it is the weirdest feeling. I never really thought to tell my doctor about it, I guess I didn't want him to think I'm totally crazy. Wish I could help.

Judy
  3. krchamp

krchamp New Member

My head feels like it is filled with cement. It feels so heavy that I can't hold it up. I just have to lay it down. I know that that is my bodies way of telling me to lay down and take it easy for a while.

Kristi
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  4. genes

genes New Member

It was my first problem. A year ago I suddenly started having episodes of this. I would start to lift my arms and they would just fall back down. At it's worst I couldn't sit up alone. And MRI and EMG (I think that's the one) showed nothing. During an episode, my arms had no reflex response.

These episodes went away after about a month, replaced by just fatigue, which I also thought went away. After a couple weeks of fatigue, last night the "cement" feeling came back, bad.

So anyway, now I realize I have to delve deeper into figuring this out and have been looking around the site and stuff today. I would definitely be interested into any insight into this problem in particular.

5. jesuslovesu

jesuslovesu New Member

i have had the heavy feeling in my head,arms, legs and upper body for so long and i just thought it was my imagination. i'm not happy that you all are experiencing this but i am glad to know this is not just in my head. prayers and hugs
    susie
  6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

That this topic comes up at all."why?" because I have been trying to explain this to people all along, even before I got debilitatingly ill.

Not to people here, I didn't try here, because I wore myself out trying to describe it to Drs, and anyone who seemed to care.( even though they couldn't or didn't )

I always said it fealt like a poison rushing down the back of my brain, down into every limb and setting in like concrete.

Not painful unless I tried to move.

Dan
  7. singingirl

singingirl New Member

sometimes I will be driving down the road, and feel as if I can't drive anymore. I have told my daughter that she may have to take the wheel. The worst part of this, to me, is when I am chewing food, and I am too tired to finish chewing what I have in my mouth.