Cental Florida Research Inc. lyme test results

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by grace54, May 30, 2007.

1. grace54

grace54 New Member

I finally received my results from Central Florida Research and they are negative for Bb.

They report on a percentage of 50.000 events counted in a blood sample. 0.02% is negative which is what I showed
    0.03% is borderline positive
    0.04% is positive.

I was a bit disappointed as I wanted it confirmed by a blood test but I will continue treatment as I have seem some results that are positive already. I will report on my treatment results when I can confirm them over time. Blessings to all:)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2007]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

So disappointing! I'm glad you are going forward with treatment though.

We have been having some news coverage on lyme here in lower Michigan. There was a story on the late night news and in a community newspaper. There have been ticks found in Warren Michigan that were never seen there before. A woman who sees my doctor was interviewed. She has been under treatment for two years.

Also, my father in law found a tick on his arm when he woke up this morning. He is getting a shot for his dog. It;s easier to get treatment for animals that it is for yourself around here.

I hope that more people become aware of this illness and seek treatment. Thnnk you for keeping us updated on your progress.
  3. grace54

grace54 New Member

I wonder why so many tics down state, you must feed them well down there. I would think they would be up here in the forests too and maybe they are more of a problem than we know. I know there are areas where there are a bunch of deer down your way. I wonder what else is carrying them that they are becoming so common in rural areas.?

I have been hearing more about Lyme also so the word is getting out. I know I do my best to spread the word.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

as to how effective.

And sorry, but Dang, I forgot to ask my son's doctor yesterday what his opinion was!

best,
    Victoria

5. grace54

grace54 New Member

How effective the tests are but they compared favoribly and with even more positive results than the Igenix.

But again no test is going to confirm all of us and it could be I don't have lyme but another infection. Thats where I have to rely on my intuition based on my symptoms and the fact that nothing has substantially helped me.

It will be interesting to see others results with the Florida test though. Thanks all:)
  6. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I had a controversial lab result from Quest. I want to get another test done but do not want to pay Igenex $500 out of pocket. This lab takes my insurance, do you feel there results are accurate and how have they compared to other Lyme tests you've taken?

And you are right, it could be another infection that the antibiotics are working on. My old Rheumatologist once told me every time she puts a Fibro patient on ABX for something they go into a short term remission.
  7. grace54

grace54 New Member

Central Florida research claims to be more accurate than any other. I had an Igenix test about a month prior to CFR and it too was negative but not as far as a lyme literate DR is concerned so I decided to treat it due to symptoms which is standard practice as the tests don't always pick up the lyme .

Also tests were around $200 each and I was lucky that medicare paid for them.
  8. jarjar

jarjar New Member

All my lyme doc wants from Igenex is the Basic Western Blot with IgG and IgM. It is around 200 bucks. Do not do extra testing such as PCR it is a waste of money.
  9. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

You do have to pay for the Igenex tests up front, but some insurance companies will reimburse you. Mine did.
  10. amk33

amk33 New Member

I just received my test results today. It came back positive for me (0.05%), unless I'm reading it wrong. I'm calling them tomorrow, because they were also supposed to do a Western Blot test, but I didn't get the results. Anyway, the only other test that I have been positive on was the Igenex western blot, several times, although not always by CDC standards. I was on antibiotics for awhile, then stopped due to lack of improvement and funds. I never was 100% sure whether I had lyme or not. I also had the vaccine, which complicated matters. Anyway, I wanted a kind of "second opinion" by another lab. I think this is my answer.
  11. grace54

grace54 New Member

I just got out my results from Central Florida research, it says 0.02 Neg---0,03 borderlibe positive and 0.04 Positive So you pass with flying colors plus some, gret right?:) Hope you get better
  12. amk33

amk33 New Member

Thanks. I never heard back from them about the Western Blot that I also ordered. They seem a bit disorganized and shorthanded when I called (Not a good sign). The man that I spoke to did say that 0.05% is positive. So, it goes to show that several years of oral and IV antibiotic therapy still does not eradicate this stupid disease. I wish we all could get better, and not have to fight the "establishment" in the process. This disease is bad enough on its own.
    Anyway, good luck to you also. You may want to try testing again, as the spirochetes may not have been present in that sample. And, with this kind of test, results are best when not on antibiotics for awhile.