Centers for Excellence

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Jan 12, 2010.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

The CFIDS Association of America recommends creating Centers for Excellence where people with CFS can go to manage their symptoms and get support.
    I think this would help a lot.
    There are so many CFS patients and there are not many doctors who are educated about CFS.
  2. loto

loto Member

I agree with that idea, even though I don't have CFS. I have FM, and it would be a great thing for that too!! And, they need to have them everywhere, not just big cities that are too far away for most people to get there.
  3. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Here's a link to the form to tell the Secretary of the HHS to implement the CFSAC Recommendations which include a call for Centers for Excellence.

Click on the word GO!:
  4. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

I think some countries have more a history of funding Centres of Excellence. For example, the US definitely does. In some countries, funding for any sort of research would be good. Don't know if Canada has a a history of funding Centres of Excellence specifically out of the research budget but know that that much research has been funded there over the years so any "taxpayer" money would be good.