Central Florida Research Lab

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by suz9601, Sep 28, 2007.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Anyone have a test done by them yet? I am awaiting results. I am IGM positive on Igenex and IGG negative despite being sick for 11 years. I sent off for this test just for the heck of it..just wondered if anyone else had it done and if you were pos or neg?
  2. amk33

amk33 New Member

I had the test in June. I was positive. I have been sick for 7 years and have previously tested positive IGG by Igenex. All other tests from other labs were negative (ELISA, PCR, Western Blot from Quest & MDL).
    Just one word of concern-I also ordered a Western Blot through Central Fla. Res., but never received any results. My doctor called and a man answered the phone and didn't know anything about it. He said he was the only one there and would call back. He never did. I called back and the same man answered and frantically told me (again) that he was the only one there, and if I was positive on the flow cytometry, I don't need the WB. The thing is, I wanted it to compare the bands to Igenex. I think they screwed up, and are seriously understaffed. I don't think I have even been charged for the test, yet. So, it doesn't make me feel that sure about the results. Hopefully the lab is better staffed than the office.
  3. grace54

grace54 New Member

From CFRL and Igenix and Quest:) Let us know what your results are from CFRL :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/25/2007]
  4. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Is the test they do now the same as the QRIBb test they used to do?
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

apparently while it was somehow originally connected to Dr. Joanne Whitaker, they are not doing them anymore, apparently have reorganized.

6. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Any insight as to why they stopped offering this test? I thought they were on their way to FDA approval for it because it was so accurate? Not a whole lot of info on the CFRL site, is the "new" Flow Cytromterty test better? Perhaps its the fog, but I can't seem to find out why they switched...
  7. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I see that someone posted above that they have not been charged for this test, well I did mine over the summer and I have not been charged either..I am wondering how reliable these results are if the lab isnt charging people for the test...anyone else not charged or were charged? Just wondering
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Did you give them your insurance information? Maybe they charged insurance??
  9. grace54

grace54 New Member

Mine was charged to medicare:)
  10. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Yeah I did but when I did my test it was when they did not have a license so maybe that is the deal....weird. Im not complaining, just thought it was weird.
  11. amk33

amk33 New Member

Well, I just received results for my western blot from this lab (12/17/07). The blood was drawn and test requested in June. It was negative. I also got the flow cytometry test which was positive. That result came within a few weeks. Why the delay with the WB test? The date that the test was performed was not written on the results.
    This is very strange. 6 months after the fact? Also, I still have not heard from my insurance company that I have been charged for these tests. I imagine that they want to charge me now, and that is why they are now sending these delayed results.
    I am very skeptical about all of this.
  12. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I thought you had some significant bands on the Igenex WB? Are you still on Abx? Did they help?
  13. grace54

grace54 New Member

I don't come on the boards much anymore as I am feeling better and there is too much negativity any more on the other board. But to your question I did the anti's and the samento and at first I knew they were fighting something and then nothing and I discovered the bands that were positive could be periodontal and I belive that is the infection that I have as I could feel the anti's working in the gum area. So my next step is treating that.I believe everyone should be thoruogh with Lyme and treat the hormones and coagulation issues as well. I also discovered my high fibrin is often caused by any infection and after taking the meds above my levels-fibrinigen- are down again.good health to all