Central Nervous System Dysfunction??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindseyo, May 4, 2009.

1. lindseyo

lindseyo New Member

Has anyone had CNS dysfunction, beyond the basic cognitive problems, like short term memory loss...I have hypotonia, where i cannot keep my posture up, i can bend my wrists every which way because every muscle is so flaccid. I also have weak swallowing muscles and it seems like it takes efford to swallow as if im too weak to. Also when i wave my hands it feels weird (neuro says this is CNS dysfunction)...my MRI is normal ruling out ME but i am diagnosed with CFS as of now. All of this happened after a viral illness. Never resolved and getting worse. also have altered reflexes (knee jerk) and recently noticed i cant wiggle my toes in a smooth fashion, it is more jerked and uncoorinated. Coordination is also bad now and has not improved. WOndering if fatigue can cause CNS damage...beyond memory loss and brain fog
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

what is the difference between CFS and ME?
  3. deserella

deserella Member

Have you heard of Dr. Montoya's definition of Virally Induced CNS dysfunction? When people ask about my health I use this term instead of cfs because there isn't a stigma attach to it and I don't get the stupid remark "I am tired all the time too, I think I have CFS"